- The pre-nursing training program at SWOSU is open to registered nurses seeking a BSN, high school graduates, and also college transfer pupils who have not completed the pre-nursing course for the Baccalaureate degree in nursing. All students must be eligible for admission to the University before signing up for the pre-nursing curriculum. The program is not for individuals who already have an associate’s degree in nursing.
- Each student must satisfy University requirements for a Bachelor’s degree. The least number of credit hours required for graduation is 127 semester hours, the last 30 hours of which must have been fulfilled at Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
- The BSN training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) as well as being endorsed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. Graduates of this state-approved training program meet the requirements to apply to write the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for registered nurses.
About the school
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University is a public institution in Weatherford and Sayre, Oklahoma, United States. It is one of 6 Regional University System of Oklahoma members.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students are admitted to the professional component of the nursing major each fall term. Satisfactory completion of all pre-professional requirements to the nursing major plus scores from the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is required of all generic (non-RN) students before admittance to the upper level. Certain pre-professional courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better. A listing of these courses is available from Nursing and on this Web site. An overall grade-point average of 2.50 (on a 4.0 scale) is required for consideration for admission to the professional component. Application forms are available by December 1st on this Web site. Students who have more than 12 hours of general education and/or pre-professional courses to complete following the spring semester are not eligible for application. The student will receive official notification regarding acceptance by the end of the spring semester
To apply to the BSN program, please ensure you’ve completed all items below. All application materials must be turned in as specified below. The application file must contain the following information to be considered complete and for the applicant to be considered for admission:
- Complete the following online application. If you are a current SWOSU student (must be enrolled this semester), you need only to fil out this brief demographic information. If you are a former SWOSU student (not currently enrolled this semester) or a transfer student, you will be prompted to first complete the SWOSU application. All applicants must have an active SWOSU ID in Campus Connect. This step must be completed first in the application process and takes several days after admission to SWOSU for the student ID to become active. Students will be able to submit the majority of their application materials via our SWOSU Canvas Application board, and can check the status of their application via this board at any time. After receiving admission to SWOSU, the student should follow the information that was emailed with their admissions letter to learn how to access their SWOSU email and Canvas accounts. All communication from the School of Nursing will be sent via the Canvas Application board and SWOSU email, and applicants are responsible for checking both throughout the application process and until they receive a notice of acceptance or a decline to admit. Once the applicant has logged on to Canvas, proceed to the dashboard tab on the left, and accept the invitation to the Application Board. This is where you will submit the majority of your application information. If you have received admission to SWOSU and have not yet received a Canvas board invitation to the application board, please contact [email protected]
- Spring class schedules – from SWOSU or your current school. This will be uploaded by the student via the Canvas board.
- Verification of required GPA – official (sealed) consolidated SWOSU transcript inclusive of all other transcripts or current school transcript(s). MUST include fall semester grades. Students will turn this in to the School of Nursing. Note: this is in addition to the official transcripts required by SWOSU for admission.
- Current degree check (must include fall grades) – from SWOSU Registrar: If you are currently enrolled at SWOSU or have previously completed at least 12 hours at SWOSU, go to the following link Degree Check Request Information. If you are NOT currently enrolled at SWOSU or have NOT completed at least 12 hours at SWOSU, you can contact the registrar’s office at [email protected] if you have questions about transfer work or degree requirements. NOTE: Degree Check will be emailed to you. Please upload this file to the Applicant Canvas board.
- OSBI Criminal History Information Request – must include name-based, sex offender and violent offender searches. Please submit to the School of Nursing via mail or in person.
- TEAS Entrance Exam – Test results will be provided by Assessment Center at SWOSU, and the student should plan to meet with their advisor to discuss their results. Students are expected to keep a copy of their results and to bring a copy with them when they meet with advisor. Please review the Entrance Test Information. TEAS test results must be turned in to the School of Nursing in person or via mail.
- Review the Estimated Expenses, Performance Standards, sign the Performance Standards Agreement, Course Admission Requirements, and the School of Nursing Handbook. Students must acknowledge receipt and review of these documents in the Canvas application board.
- Students must also answer several demographic and licensure questions within the Canvas application board.
Address: 100 E Campus Dr, Weatherford, OK 73096, USA
Phone: +1 580-772-6611
Submit your review