The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Surry Community College provides pupils with possibilities to build knowledge, techniques, and skills to incorporate safety and also quality into nursing care, to practice in a changing environment, and to help persons in making informed decisions that affect their quality of life, health, and also achievement of potential.
Graduates of this training program meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN). Job opportunities are huge within the global health-care system and may include roles within acute, extended, chronic, industrial, and also community health-care amenities. Additionally, there is an option for LPN-ADN applicants.
About The School
Surry Community College is situated in Dobson, NC in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and also services Surry and Yadkin Regions, United States. It is one amongst the North Carolina’s 58 community colleges.
Established in the year 1964, the institution is a two (2) year, extensive college with an open-door admissions policy. Surry Community College offers 36 areas of study, many of which have options for an associate degree (AD), diploma or certificate, as well as web-based degrees.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,005
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A student’s admission to the Health Science program is based upon a comparison of grades and entrance test ranking with other applications. Admission forn Nursing Applicants, meet or exceed the benchmark score (“Proficient”) on the ATI TEAS.
- Have and maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher in all post-secondary courses taken in the last 3 years. If high school students have no post-secondary courses they must have at least a 3.0 GPA in their high school courses.
- Applicants who have not taken BIO 168 Anatomy & Physiology I, Biology and Chemistry must have been completed in either high school or college with a passing grade. Students must have achieved at least a “C” in all required curriculum courses with no more than three attempts. BIO 168 & BIO 169 completion must have been within the last five years. (LPN-ADN students are exempt from this requirement.)
- Fall ADN students, who take the admission test in February, must turn in all application materials by February 15. Students who take the admissions test in May must turn in all materials by May 15.
- Completed medical form with test results and the most recent dates of immunizations/proof of immunity, including a positive Hepatitis B titer, or a signed waiver; positive varicella (Chicken Pox) titer or proof of 2 varicella vaccines (history of having chicken pox is not acceptable proof of immunity); positive MMR titer or proof of 2 MMR vaccines; a T-DAP vaccine within the last 5 years; and 2-step TB screening within the last 12 months.
- Valid documentation of current Nurse Aide I certification and any other current related certifications, licenses, etc. (LPN-ADN students are exempt from this requirement.)
- Courses that must be completed by LPN-ADN applicants to be considered for admission include: ACA 111, BIO 168, BIO 169, COM 231, ENG 111, PSY 150, & PSY 241.
Surry Community College
Address: 630 South Main Street Dobson, NC 27017
Phone: (336) 386-8121
Submit your review