The Associate in Applied Science degree training program in Nursing is a two (2) year nursing curriculum available to males and females of every age group including present high school graduates, older adults, and licensed practical nurses.
Graduates are prepared to accept starting level staff nursing roles in many different health amenities, such as hospitals, nursing homes, and also extended care amenities. The focus of the program is on direct patient care in the preparation of pupils for the three intertwined positions which are outlined for the graduates of the Associate Degree training program as provider of care, manager of care, and also Associate within the field of nursing.
The Nursing program is certified and signed up the New York State Education Division, Bureau of Professional Licensing.
About The School
SUNY-Sullivan Community College was established in 1962, SUNY Sullivan is a two (2) year public community college in the United States sponsored by SUNY and Sullivan Region, New York, USA
Total estimated program cost is USD $23,144
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Have a minimum high school average of 85 or a current college grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Have completed all of the following pre-requisite competencies with the minimum scores or grades indicated:
- English: NYS Regents (85 or higher) or ACT (17 or higher) or SAT minimum 560 in critical reading and 550 in writing or English Competition B or higher.
- Math: NYS Regents (85 or higher) or ACT (17 or higher) or SAT (560 or higher) or Intermediate Algebra (C or higher) or Higher-level College Math (C or higher)
- Science: Chemistry for Health Sciences, AP Biology (4 or higher) or Principles of Biology (C or higher) (Science credits earned more than 5 years prior to the start of the student’s first nursing semester will not satisfy program or pre-requisite course requirements.)
For Licensed Practical Nurses: Licensed Practical Nurses who apply for advanced standing in the Nursing Program must meet all of the following academic criteria for eligibility:
- LPN students must have a 2.5 college GPA or high school average of 85.
- All LPN Nursing Program candidates must take the LPN Step exam.
- Applications to the Nursing Program and ATI Step Test are due on or before October 1st.
- Licensed Practical Nurses must hold a current, valid license to enter the Nursing Program.
Criteria for students seeking readmission after more than one year of withdrawal or failure in a nursing course:
- Notify Chairperson, in writing, requesting readmission.
- Indicate course for which readmission is sought.
- Satisfactorily complete the nursing skills competency for the last Nursing course successfully completed.
- Complete clinical calculations competency with 90% mastery.
- Achieve a grade of 80% or better on a faculty prepared cumulative written examination for the Nursing course previously completed.
- A student who fails or withdraws from NUR 1001 in the first semester will need to reapply to the Nursing Program.
- Science credits earned more than 5 years prior to the start of the students first Nursing semester will not satisfy program or pre-requisite course requirements.
Suny-Sullivan Community College
Address: 112 College Rd, Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759, USA
Submit your review