The Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Nursing in Dutchess Community College is registered by the New York State Education Department and also certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), this thorough training program is ideal for pupils enthusiastic about preparing for professional practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). College laboratories, Classroom lectures, and clinical experiences in local health-care organizations provide the basis of knowledge for professional nursing practice.
As a result of a massive interest in nursing, admission into the Dutchess Community College training program is extremely competitive and solely available to residents of Dutchess and Putnam regions. Upon successful completion of the training program, the A.A.S. graduate is qualified to sit and take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.
About The School
Dutchess Community College (also referred to as SUNY Dutchess, Dutchess, or perhaps DCC) is among the thirty community colleges within the State University of New York system, United States. It is situated in Dutchess County, New York, United States Of America, and is located more than 130 acres on a hill above the city of Poughkeepsie.
The institution was established in the year 1957 on the location of a past tuberculosis hospital which is right now Bowne Hall, the campus’s primary administrative structure.
Total estimated program cost is USD $21,944
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- All applicants must be residents of Dutchess or Putnam Counties.
- All applicants must have attended a Nursing Information Session.
- All applicants must have met math competency on the math portion of the placement test, or have taken a math course either at DCC or another college to meet math competency.
- All applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.75. If you are a transfer student this includes your GPA from any previous colleges.
- All required coursework must be completed or in progress by February 1st
- (Use the rubric below).
- All applicants must have earned a C or better in all Nursing biology courses (BIO 131, 132), and they must be completed within five years of applying.
- The TEAS exam must be completed with a score of at least ‘Proficient’ (scores are valid for 18 months).
- A Background Check and Drug Testing will be required.
- As part of the Admissions requirements, you are required to attend a Nursing Information Session.
* You are eligible to take the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam when you have successfully completed BIO 131. Inaddition, at the time of the TEAS exam, you must have successfully completed or be taking BIO 132 (Anatomy & Physiology II) and all other non-biology general education courses.
Suny-Dutchess Community College
Address: 53 Pendell Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Submit your review