The Nursing Training program incorporates general education courses and also nursing courses that enable pupils to complete their education in 2 years and meet the specifications to take the NCLEX-RN licensing examination.
Laboratory sessions, Classroom lectures and also clinical practicums in area hospitals, long-term care amenities, and community health organizations are offered over the 4 semesters. Education is seen as a guiding relationship based on common respect and also understanding that knows the varied needs of the student and also empowers the student to accomplish their maximum level of potential.
Graduates earn an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Nursing and are qualified to become Registered Professional Nurses (RNs).
About The School
Established in the year 1906, as the School of Agriculture (SOA) at St. Lawrence University, USA, SUNY Canton was the very first post-secondary, two (2) year college in New York certified by the Legislature.
In the year 1941, School of Agriculture was renamed the New York State Agricultural and Technical Institute (ATI). The New York State Agricultural and Technical Institute became an associate college of the State University of New York in the year 1948.
The State University of New York at Canton (SUNY Canton) is a coeducational, public, residential college situated on a large campus alongside the banks of the Grasse River in St. Lawrence County, New York, United States Of America within the City of Canton.
Total estimated program cost is USD $22,944
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Meet eligibility criteria for college level math (Math 111 or Math 112) and Anatomy and Physiology I (BIO 217)
- All pre-requisite courses may be repeated only once if a grade below “C” or “W” (Withdrawal) is received.
- Take the Kaplan preadmission exam- The Kaplan Nursing Admission Test (KNAT) is a tool to determine if students have the academic skills necessary to perform effectively in a school of nursing. It is a 91-question, online, multiple-choice test that evaluates the basic reading, math, writing, and science skills of students seeking entry into a nursing program leading to licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- KNAT exam- The KNAT is a crucial component in your nursing application. Therefore, you should prepare thoroughly for the exam. The recommended preparatory text is Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exams
- Provide Admissions with official transcripts from all schools previously attended. Official transcripts must be sent from the institution with the seal of the school affixed to the document. Course equivalence are determined by the Transfer Credit Evaluator and the Dean of the School of Health, Science and Criminal Justice in collaboration with the Nursing Director
- Take the SUNY Canton pharmacology dosage calculation exam and receive 100% on the first (1) attempt to be exempt from the pharmacology I course. Please click on this link for a study guide, if transferring from another nursing program or being readmitted into the program.
- If a student is requesting re-admission to the nursing program and it has been more than one year since the student was last enrolled in the nursing program, the student will be required to audit the lecture and lab sections of the last nursing course successfully completed.
- Readmitted students will be required to sign a conditional admission contract if they wish to be readmitted into the nursing program when the readmission is due to a clinical course failure.
- Residency requirement for graduation: Complete SUNY Canton’s NURS 201, 202, 203, and 204 courses, if transferring from another nursing program.
- Present a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) card for a Healthcare Provider (Basic Life Support) from the American Heart Association. CPR should be current from August 1st through June 1st
- Present evidence of satisfactory health status with a current and complete record of immunizations.
- Licensed Practical Nurses Advance Placement Applications
- The LPN may be exempt from the first semester of nursing courses (Nursing 101, NURS 105 and NURS 103) providing the following criteria are met:
- Satisfy the criteria stated in Admission Requirements: AAS Nursing.
- Complete the online Excelsior College® Examination for Fundamentals of Nursing Exam with a score of “B” (80%) or higher for those students who have graduated from a non-credit bearing, non-college practical nursing program.
- Complete Human Anatomy & Physiology I with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Complete English 101 Expository Writing OR English 102 Oral and Written Expression with a grade of “C” or higher.
- NURS 101 students, who have successfully completed a practical nursing program and are admitted into the program, will be offered the NURS 103 dosage calculation exam. Those who achieve a 100% grade on this exam will be exempt from taking NURS 103.
- Submit current United States State LPN license and registration.
The State University of New York at Canton
Address: 34 Cornell Dr, Canton, NY 13617, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply