- Shenandoah’s Bachelor of Science in nursing traditional 4-Year Path is meant for students entering the training program as freshmen. Your nursing courses start in the very first semester of your freshman year and also continue all through each semester of the curriculum. You will have possibilities to work in health care throughout summer breaks. Technology in the nursing training program is incorporated throughout the curriculum, and also all nursing students take part in Shenandoah’s iMLearning technology training program.
- The training program enables you to gain the experience required for the provision, management and also coordination of general nursing care for persons, families, groups and also communities so you may launch a career that leads to personal as well as professional fulfillment.
- Shenandoah’s Nursing training program is unique because it has direct admittance. A lot of schools do not accept students into their nursing programs until their junior year, however, at Shenandoah, you know you are in the nursing training program upon admittance to the university.
About the school
- Shenandoah University is an extensive non-public liberal arts school situated in Winchester, Virginia, United States of America.
- It has an enrollment of roughly 4,000 students across over 90 programs in 7 schools: Eleanor Wade Custer School of Nursing, College of Arts & Sciences, Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business, Shenandoah Conservatory, Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy, School of Health Professions (Athletic Training, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Care, Physician Assistant Studies and Physical Therapy) and the School of Education & Human Development.
- Shenandoah University is among the five United Methodist Church-affiliated schools of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It was established in 1875.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $15,350.00 per term
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Nursing courses begin in the second semester of study as a freshman and occur during every semester of the curriculum. A strong background in the sciences and math is recommended for students considering the nursing program.
Special admission requirements:
- Hold a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Successfully complete high school Biology and Chemistry with a grade of B- or better.
- Obtain one minimum test score:
- SAT exam: 1020 combined super score of math and EBRW sections (essay not required)
- ACT composite score of 20
Shenandoah University’s Nursing program is special because it has direct admittance. Many schools do not admit students into their nursing programs until their junior year, but at Shenandoah you know you are in the nursing program upon admittance to the university. That also means that you start taking nursing classes earlier. Your first nursing course will be in your freshmen year and your first clinical will be in your sophomore year. You will complete three clinicals with SU, rather than just one.
Address: 1460 University Dr, Winchester, VA 22601, USA
Submit your review