- Saint Mary’s College Indiana offer a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Besides the rigorous nursing courses, you will take advantage of our liberal arts focus, which promotes scholarship, the use of critical thinking and also ethical decision making in clinical practice, life-long learning and also a duty of social responsibility and also service for vulnerable and also underserved persons, families, and also communities.
- In the Division of Nursing Science, the College produces experienced, confident professional nurses who assume leadership positions in the promotion of health and also healing. You will carry forward the College’s objective with the skills and also practical experience to be significant in others’ lives.
- The Baccalaureate degree in nursing is certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) along with the Indiana State Board of Nursing.
About the school
- Saint Mary’s College is a 4-year, Catholic, living, women’s liberal arts college situated in Notre Dame, an unincorporated community north of the city of South Bend, in St. Joseph County, Indiana, United States—as are the University of Notre Dame and also Holy Cross College. The name of the institution relates to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- In the year 1843, 4 Sisters of the Holy Cross came from Le Mans, France, to reveal in the apostolate of education with the priests and also brothers of the Congregation of Holy Cross. Who was sent by the bishop of Vincennes, Indiana to open a college in northern Indiana (Notre Dame du Lac or maybe the University of Notre Dame)
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Consistent with College policy, intended nursing students are formally admitted to the nursing major at the end of their sophomore year. Criteria for acceptance into the nursing major include a cumulative GPA of 2.5 in all general education courses and a 2.8 GPA in the following science and nursing courses:
Required Prerequisite Courses (26 hours)
- Pathophysiology 224
- Human Anatomy & Physio I 141
- Human Anatomy & Physio II 142
- Microbiology 216
- Integrated Chemistry 118
- Health Assessment 225
- Foundations of Nursing Practice 227
Address: 149 Le Mans Hall, Notre Dame, IN 46556
Submit your review