Stark State College’s ADN training program involves five semesters of academic coursework and also practical learning experiences in the classroom, learning laboratory and also clinical settings.
The training program grooms the individual to be eligible for the licensing examination for registered nurse (RN). Making use of the methodology of the nursing procedure, the associate degree nurse formulates clinical judgments, collaborates with clients and other health-care specialists, and also practices within lawful, ethical and also social duties.
Just one class of pupils every year is admitted for the basic, evening/weekend, and also Paramedic to Registered Nurse programs. The LPN to Registered Nurse training program admits two times annually in the fall and spring semesters.
About The School
Stark State College, also referred to as Stark State, is a public college situated in Stark County, Ohio, United States Of America. The institution offers 230 majors, options, one-year certificates and also career enhancement certificates.
Total estimated program cost is USD $14,778
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit a Stark State College application (new SSC students only) and take the SSC COMPASS Assessment. ACT scores are accepted in place of SSC COMPASS if achieved within the last two calendar years. Refer to the College Admissions Officefor evaluation of scores.
- Complete any prescribed developmental courses as determined by the COMPASS Assessment or ACT Test results.
- Submit to the Academic Records Office:
- Official copy of high school transcripts and/or GED certificate.
- Official college transcripts of any college attended.
- Students are encouraged to complete the course Student Success Seminar (SSC101) during the first semester at SSC.
- Attend a mandatory information meeting regarding admission requirements, application process and to obtain an application to the nursing program.
- Have a high school GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale within the last five years; or have obtained a GED certificate within the last five years; or a college GPA of 3.0 or better in 7 hours or more of course work at the last college If a student’s most current grades are from Stark State College, and the student has over 7 credit hours, SSC transcript will take precedence.
- If applying to the Basic program (day or evening/weekend) the student must complete the following prerequisite courses with a grade of a C or better:
- SSC101- Student Success Seminar
- MTH124 Statistics (pre-req MTH091/092/093 or proficiency)
- BIO101 Intro to Anatomy and Physiology (may apply for Prior Learning Assessment if student has taken HS biology or a higher level Anatomy and Physiology course at another college). The grade requirement must be met within 7 years by the 3rd attempt including
- PSY121 General Psychology
- ENG124- College Composition
Note: Evening/Weekend students must have completed BIO121 and BIO122 by the Spring semester prior to entering the program.
- A minimum of one (1) month and no longer than one (1) year prior to placing an application, the applicant must obtain BCII and FBI background checks through SSC’s Security Department.
- Register for the date you wish to take the TEAS test. Obtain information for the TEAS test on the nursing website. However, it is strongly recommended that developmental and prerequisite courses be completed before the TEAS test is taken. Applicants must score at the 58.7 percentile or higher on the TEAS test to be eligible for If the applicant scores below the 58.7 percentile, she/he will not be eligible to retake the TEAS test for 60 days. A student may take the TEAS test only twice in a calendar year. TEAS test scores are valid for three (3) years.
- The application deadline at the completion of Spring semester for the following Fall admission. All applications received after March 1, 2016 will be considered on a selective admission basis. If you are not accepted to the program, you will need to reapply the following year. The LPN to RN program also accepts applications at the beginning of the Fall semester for the Spring semester start.
Stark State College
Address: 6200 Frank Ave NW, North Canton, OH 44720, USA
Submit your review