The Annie Ruth Kelley Associate Degree Nursing curriculum provides competencies, knowledge, and techniques to incorporate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving atmosphere, and to fulfill personal needs which impact health, high quality of life, as well as achievement of potential.
Course work includes and builds upon the domains of nursing practice, health-care, and the holistic individual. Content highlights the nurse as an associate of the interdisciplinary team providing safe, personalized care while implementing evidence-based practice, informatics and also quality improvement.
Graduates of this training program meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN). Employment chances are huge within the global health-care system and may include roles within acute, industrial, chronic, extended, and community health-care amenities. Stanly Community College is certified by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to honor associate degrees (AD).
The Annie Ruth Kelley Associate Degree Nursing Training program of Stanly Community College is seeking pre-accreditation candidacy status from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLNCNEA).
About The School
Stanly Community College is among the 58 community colleges in the North Carolina Community College System. Stanly Community College is situated in Albemarle, North Carolina with a satellite campus in Locust, NC, United States.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,905
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit a completed application electronically for the nursing program (A45110) of the fall you wish to enroll by visiting the SCC homepage, www.stanly.edu, and clicking the link “new students start here”. Application submissions are free of charge.
- Mandatory Information Session- Information sessions for applicants of the general nursing program are conducted online. Information sessions are mandatory each year applied.
- Submit to the Admissions Office an official high school transcript and official post-secondary transcripts for all institutions attended. Applicants that obtained a GED/Adult High School diploma must submit an official GED/AHS transcript and a high school transcript even if you did not complete high school.
- Complete one course of Biology, Algebra, and Chemistry with a grade of “C” or better- Submit evidence of successful completion of one unit of biology, algebra, and chemistry in high school with a grade of “C” or higher or the equivalent at a post-secondary institution (BIO 090 or higher, MAT 070/DMA 040 or higher, CHEM 090 or higher). Students may choose to complete these subjects through SCC’s Adult High School program. The Adult High School courses are self-paced classes that will take approximately 2-3 months or more to complete. Students may choose seated or online classes, and must score 85 or higher to receive credit. Contact the College and Career Readiness department at 704-991-0362 for more information or to sign-up for the Adult High School courses. Applicants wishing to complete these credits at other colleges should contact the Admissions Office at Stanly Community College to ensure that the credits are acceptable.
- Placement Testing- The NC DAP, Accuplacer, Compass, or Asset placement scores can be used for this requirement. OR Complete ALL general education courses required for the ADN program with a minimum GPA of 3.0 by the required application deadline. These courses include: ENG 111 and 112 or 114, BIO 165 and 166 (taken at the same institution) or BIO 168 and 169, PSY 150 and 241, CIS 110, and a Humanities elective.
- TEAS Testing- Take the standardized nurse entrance exam, Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), after successfully completing admission requirements above. There are no required scores for the TEAS test.
- For the applicant that has completed any college level courses taken with SCC prior to admission into the ADN program, a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 is required.
Stanly Community College
Address: 141 College Dr, Albemarle, NC 28001
Submit your review