The Nursing Career Mobility Training program Transition (LVN to RN and also Military to RN) in St. Philip’s College is an accelerated route to an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Nursing. The training program honors the Associate Degree of Applied Science (AAS). The nursing division at San Antonio College is among the biggest programs in San Antonio and also Texas.
Upon successful completion of the training program, the graduate will receive an Associate of Applied Science degree and meet the criteria to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEXRN). Upon successful passing the examination, the graduate will be a registered nurse (RN) in the State of Texas and also ready to start a career in the nursing profession.
The Nursing Training program is endorsed by the Texas Board of Nursing and also Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
St. Philip’s College is a public community college situated in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America. St. Philip’s College, associated with the Alamo Community College District, presently serves over 11,000 pupils in more than 70 various academic and technical disciplines. It was established March 1, 1898.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,550
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The applicant must be admitted to St. Philip’s College.
- Hold a current license to practice vocational nursing in the State of Texas or be eligible for reciprocity.
- Submit an official transcript from an accredited Vocational Nursing program.
- Complete all of the required prerequisite courses with a grade of “C”or above and a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Submit three letters of reference in which one must be from a Registered Nurse (RN) who has worked closely with the applicant, and one from a direct supervisor.
- Applicant must hand carry copies of official transcripts including the official transcript from the applicant’s previous LVN program to the Nursing Education Department prior to applying for admission to the ADN Mobility Nursing Program. Applicants must be present when the transcripts are evaluated.
- Applicant shall contact the nursing education department and schedule the nursing pre-entrance exam.
- Request an application packet and submit completed packet by the posted deadline with all official transcripts.
- Complete the application in accordance with the instructions.
- A required scheduled interview for applicant seeking admission to the Nursing Mobility Program.
- Applicants must submit proof of one year full time LVN clinical work with clinical experience within the last three (3) years.
- Transfer of nursing courses will be considered on a case by case basis per review of the Program Director, Nursing Admissions Council, and Records and Registration Office.
- The LVN-ADN Mobility Program applicant who has failed two courses in another nursing program will be ineligible for transfer or admission to the St. Philip’s College LVN-ADN Mobility Program.
St. Philip’s College
Address: 1801 Martin Luther King Dr, San Antonio, TX 78203
Submit your review