St. Joseph School of Nursing offers you the chance to become a professional nurse with a two (2) year Associate’s degree. Our faculty provides an abundance of academic and clinical experiences to improve your education.
Clinical affiliations comprise of St. Joseph Hospital, Catholic Medical Center, and long-term care amenities. And also provide The Licensed Practical Nurse to ASN training program transition offered to pupils to prepare licensed practical nurses to sit and take the NCLEX-RN examination, leading to licensure as a registered nurse (RN).
The Licensed Practical Nurse to ASN track is a 12 months (3 semesters) training program. Licensed Practical nurses transitioning into the ASN training program will complete an overall of 38 credits over three consecutive semesters (1 year).
About The School
St. Joseph Hospital formally unveiled its doors to patients in May 1908. Concurrently, a school for professional nursing was founded and in 1910 it graduated the very first class of four. The original RN training program was terminated in 1963.
In 1964, St. Joseph School of Nursing reopened as a Practical Nursing training program. The training program was effective until 2013 when it graduated its 52nd and also final class of practical nursing pupils. In the year 2005, after analyzing community needs, St. Joseph School of Nursing founded an Associate of Science in nursing degree training program.
Total estimated program cost is USD $16,240
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completed application with $50 application fee
- typed essay of approximately 500 words (TOPIC: why you have chosen to pursue a career in nursing at this time and three (3) personal characteristics you possess that you feel are necessary to be a good nurse)
- Official High School, GED or HiSET Transcript (faxed, e-mailed and unsealed transcripts are considered UNOFFICIAL).
- Official College Transcript(s) from all postsecondary schools attended (faxed, e-mailed and unsealed transcripts are considered UNOFFICIAL)
- TEAS (pre-entrance exam) Results; Cost $91- The TEAS exam must be completed within one year of the published application deadline for program applying to.
For LPN-ADN transition only
A&Pl with lab; A&Pll with lab; English Comp I; Intro To Psychology
All courses must have been taken at an accredited postsecondary institution as part of another completed degree/program OR
- within 5 years: A&PI with lab; A&PII with lab; Microbiology with lab*
Required final grade: 80 (B-) or better
- Within 10 years: English Comp I; English Comp II*; Life Span Development; Intro To Psychology, Intro To Sociology*
Required final grade: 78 (C+) or better
St. Joseph School of Nursing
Address: 5 Woodward Avenue, Nashua NH, 03060
Phone: (603) 594-2567