The St. Charles Community College Associate Degree Nursing Training program is completely endorsed by the Missouri State Board of Nursing and certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. previously referred to as National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
The Associate Degree Nursing Training program is built to prepare registered nurses who execute safe, patient-centered nursing care in starting staff nurse tasks in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, doctor’s offices and other health-care facilities and home settings.
Graduates are honored with an Associate of Science degree in nursing and are qualified to apply and take the Registered Nurse Licensing Examination. Graduates are prepared for employment as registered nurses subsequently after successful graduation and satisfactory completion of the State Board of Nursing specifications for licensure.
About The School
St. Charles Community College is a St. Louis-area two (2) year college in suburban St. Charles Region, Missouri, USA. Founded in 1986, SCC’s very first fall semester in the year 1987 had an enrolment of 1,547 pupils.
Total program cost is USD $13,180
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Before applying to the program, students are required to attend an informational session in Room 1204 of the Administration Building. Call 636-922-8246 to pre-register or visit RN Information Nights section above.
The demanding curriculum of the ADN program prepares graduates for the national licensing examination and to perform safe nursing care in clinical situations; therefore, admission is selective.
Applicants must meet with a career-technical counselor once they have completed admission requirements to complete an application (ADM 1204). All admission criteria must be met to apply for the ADN program.
- Students will be placed onto a wait list in order by application date. In the event there are multiple applications in one day, students will be placed on the list by GPA.
- Students are expected to pay $25 non-refundable application fee at the time of application.
***The following criteria must be met in order to apply for the ADN program:
- Students must complete the assessment test (SC 133) OR submit official transcripts for college level English and Math courses passed with a grade of “C” or better.
- Students must have all official transcripts on file and submit a “Request for Transcript Evaluation” form PRIOR to application.
- Students must successfully complete any developmental coursework required (RDG 085, 092, 093; ENG 095, 096; MAT 096, 098) or equivalent ESL required courses.
- Students must complete Anatomy and Physiology I, earning a B or better, within five years of entering the program.
Grade Point Average
- Recent high school graduates (within five years or less), may present official high school transcripts with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above. GPA’s for high school students with 12 or more dual credit hours will be based solely on college-level coursework.
- Students with 12 hours of college credit (non-developmental) coursework must have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above. College credits supersede high school GPA.
- ACT score requirement is based on current GPA (see sliding scale).
- ACT must have been taken within five years from program start.
- Register for the ACT through www.actstudent.org. SCC is a testing center.
- The ACT will be waived for students who have completed a Bachelor’s Degree and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their last 30 hours of coursework.
- The ACT will be waived for students who have earned an Associate Degree and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- The ACT will be waived for students who have completed 45+transferable college level credit hours, 30 of which must be in general education courses, and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
St. Charles Community College
Address: 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Cottleville, MO 63376