- The nursing curriculum involves 2 phases: pre-professional and also professional. The pre-professional phase is available to all students declaring nursing as their major and also consists of the courses included in the first 3 semesters of the training program. Admittance to the professional phase, which starts the second semester of the sophomore year, requires the satisfaction of specific requirements along with a separate application evaluated by the nursing faculty.
- Students must apply for admittance to the professional phase throughout the semester in which they are completing their preprofessional and also prerequisite courses by submitting a complete and also genuine nursing professional training program application. Enrollment is limited as well as the admission process is selective and also competitive. Spring Hill students, who have been enlisted for 2 traditional semesters, apart from summer, will receive priority for admission placement.
- As a nursing major Spring Hill College, you will receive individualized instruction, gain practical experience, and also work with medical experts all through the Gulf Coast region. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Spring Hill College Department of Nursing.
About the school
- Spring Hill College is a non-public, Roman Catholic Jesuit liberal arts college in the Spring Hill neighborhood of Mobile, Alabama, United States of America.
- It was established in the year 1830 by Rev. Michael Portier, Bishop of Mobile.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $20,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Minimum composite American College Test (ACT) score of 23.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in all Spring Hill College courses.
- Achieve a minimum of a 3.0 in BIO 231, 232, 233, 234, 136 138; MTH 163; CHM 101; PSY 101, 204, 225; NUR 100 and 201.
- Submit complete health records required by the Division of Nursing including physical examination and immunizations either with application or no later than first day of class.
- Meet essential mental and physical qualifications of the nursing program as outlined in the Disability Statement included in the Nursing Student Handbook.
- Transfer students must submit letter of good standing from all academic institutions/nursing programs that they have attended in order to be admitted to the Division of Nursing. Letters from academic institutions are to be addressed to Admissions and letters from nursing programs to Dr. Margaret Cole, Division of Nursing Chair.
- Give consent and authorization and accept responsibility for cost of background screening and drug screening to be conducted in the beginning of the fall semester.
- If a student withdraws from or receives a grade lower than a C in any of the courses listed under number 3 above, the student must complete the course at Spring Hill College or an approved four-year college or university.
Address: 4000 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36608
Submit your review