- The BSN degree training program is built to provide students with an excellent educational foundation that prepares individuals for entry into the nursing profession. The BSN graduate can incorporate the concepts of caring, communication, professionalism, critical thinking, and also holism to provide care for persons, families and also communities.
- The comprehensive theoretical and also clinical practice components aim to enable South University BSN graduates to make a smooth transition into professional nursing. Graduates of the South University Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program are encouraged to continue the educational process and are equipped for the challenges of graduate study. CCNE accredits the training program.
- The BSN degree training program is meant for the non-registered nurse student. Pupils may complete prerequisite courses in as few as six quarters and then apply for admission to the nursing training program, which is taught over seven The training program allows highly motivated regular pupils to complete the training program of study in nursing in a concentrated period.
- After completion of the nursing training program, the graduate must pass the National Council Licensure Exam-Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN) to be able to obtain licensure and also begin practice as a registered nurse. Upon completion of South University’s BSN training program, graduates meet the criteria for licensure via national certifying bodies (ANCC, AANP).
About the school
- South University’s history started in Savannah, Georgia in 1899 with the creation of Draughon’s Practical Business College, United States. Established by Dr John Draughon, the school focused on teaching the basics needed by successful businesses including accounting, shorthand, banking, bookkeeping and also typewriting.
- Initially situated in the Masonic Lodge building on the corner of Savannah’s Liberty and Whitaker Streets, the School was relocated many times to accommodate growing enrollment before settling into the Atlantic Mutual
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,450
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Provide proof of high school graduation as recognized by the state of residence on the date the degree was earned or the equivalent (e.g., GED)
- Submit a minimum combined SAT score of 900, a combined ACT score of 19, or a satisfactory score on the University-administered admissions examination (see the Admissions Office) or meet the criteria established for acceptance as a transfer student.
- South University accepts the International Baccalaureate Program diploma as meeting the requirement for high school graduation.
- The ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a requirement of the admission process. The TEAS is used to determine academic preparedness of pre-licensure nursing students in Reading, Math, Science, and English and Language Usage. Students must achieve a “Proficient” level to be considered for admission to the nursing program. Applicants are limited to testing twice within a 12 month period with a minimum of one month between testing.
Address: 9 Science Court, Columbia, SC 29203, USA
Phone: +1 803-799-9082
Submit your review