The Nursing training program equips the pupil with the knowledge and competencies required to start professional practice in the care, counseling, and also education of health-care consumers in many different settings.
Upon satisfactory completion of the training program, the pupil is qualified to take the NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensing Exam-Registered Nurse).
The Southside Virginia Community College Nursing Training program supports in providing a skillful entry-level Registered Nursing workforce for health-care centers and also providers in Southside Virginia. The whole training program is 67 credits. The clinical part of the Associate’s in Applied Science Degree Training program usually lasts two years or four semesters. Programs at all of our locations start each and every fall semester, with classes beginning in late August.
About The School
Southside Virginia Community College (SVCC) is among the 23 institutions in the Virginia Community College System, USA. It was established in 1970 and also has the biggest geographic service area of any community college in the state, overlaying ten counties along with the City of Emporia. Southside Virginia Community College also offers courses via video conferencing services and also Web-based.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,250
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Locations of this training program and clinical sites are depicted below with the same admission requirements:
- Christanna Campus in Alberta, VA- Clinical Facilities in South Hill, Emporia, Richmond, and Burkeville, Va., and in Roanoke Rapids, NC
- John H. Daniel Campus in Keysville, VA- Clinical Facilities in Richmond, South Hill, Farmville, South Boston, and Burkeville,
- Southern VA Higher Education- Clinical Facilities in South Boston, Clarksville, Burkeville, and Richmond, Va.
- Submit application for enrollment at SVCC.
- Submit proof of high school completion or equivalent with transcript showing four-year high school course of study from approved school, home school, or successful completion of GED.
- Passing score on Virginia Placement Test (VPT) Math modules 1 through 5 OR pass MTE 1 – 5.
- Passing score on College Placement (VPT) English Test OR pass ENF 1, 2, and/or 3 if determined by the placement test that these are required.
- Evidence of C or better in high school biology (with lab component. Applied Biology does not meet this requirement) OR pass BIO 01. Please note: High school biology or BIO 01 is a pre-requisite for the nursing program. The only substitute for this is BIO 101 102. BIO 100 does not substitute for this. The anatomy and physiology courses do NOT substitute for BIO 01.
- Evidence of C or better in high school chemistry (with lab component. Applied or Consumer Chemistry does not meet this requirement) OR pass CHM 05. LPNs applying to the Associate Degree Nursing program must also meet this requirement.
- Attendance at ONE Nursing Information Session. Students must sign Session Roster to receive credit for meeting this requirement. See Associate’s of Applied Science in Nursing home page for dates and times of sessions.
- Have C or better in ITE 115-Introduction to Computers, or Pass the ITE 115 Challenge Test. Successful completion of the class or the challenge test must have been within the past 5 years.
- Total Score of 63.3% correct or higher on ADN Program Percentile Rank and 66.7% correct or higher on the Math Subtest on the ATI-TEAS pre-entrance exam. We will still accept TEAS-V scores meeting those minimum scores (Adjusted Individual Total Score and Adjusted Individual Math Score). Test dates must be within 5 years of application. Other Nursing pre-entrance tests may be acceptable. Contact the Health Sciences Counselor, [email protected] if you are requesting consideration of other tests for admission.
- Complete the general education courses as listed in the nursing curriculum with a C or better.
- Students must have a curricular GPA of at least 2.5 for required general education courses in the Nursing Curriculum.
Southside Virginia Community College
Address: 109 Campus Dr, Alberta, VA 23821
Submit your review