- The BSN curriculum at Southern Connecticut State University in the undergraduate nursing training program is built as an upper-division major. The training program demands strong liberal art and also science base as a prerequisite to nursing courses. The training program demands a strong liberal arts and science base as a prerequisite to nursing courses.
- Students complete theory courses in the major and also hospital and community-based clinical practice. Regular and also limited part-time study alternatives are available.
- Individuals enthusiastic about applying to the BSN training program must first apply to the university and be admitted via Undergraduate Admissions.
About the school
- Southern Connecticut State University is among the four state universities in Connecticut and is situated in the West Rock neighborhood of New Haven, Connecticut. Its current site is on Crescent Street.
- Founded in 1893, it is the third-oldest campus in the Connecticut State University System.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Individuals interested in applying to the BSN program must first apply to the university and be admitted through Undergraduate Admissions. Once admitted students are eligible to apply to the nursing program, they must complete a nursing program application. Once admitted to the university, the office of Undergraduate Admissions will send a transfer credit equivalency worksheet for all credits that were transferrable. Admitted students who are not yet eligible to apply to the nursing program, will enroll as a pre-nursing student. Please note that students eligible to apply to the nursing program should plan to have their university application submitted with a completed file by Mid-October.
Apply to the Nursing Program
Individuals who have been admitted to the university and have successfully met the minimum nursing application requirements, will make an application to the nursing department between November 1st and February 1st.
Nursing application requirements are as follows:
- Minimum CUM GPA of a 3.0 (includes previous institution GPAs)
- At least 7 of the 11 prerequisite courses completed with a grade of a C+ or higher (grades must be available by the February 1st deadline for them to count in the 7 required for the application)
- TEAS exam completed through ATI Testing with score submitted by February 1st
Once available, the application will be accessible on this page, as well as through the Nursing Department’s home page. All information pertaining to the application will be provided on the application itself.
- All application requirements must be submitted by the February 1st deadline.
- Applicants who already hold a Bachelor’s degree may not apply to Southern’s BSN program AND the ACE program within the same year. Please review this program comparison chart to learn the differences between the two programs.
- Students interested in the program should read the pre-nursing handbook.
- Students are ineligible to apply for admission to the SCSU Nursing Program if:
- They have been dismissed for academic or clinical reasons in another nursing program.
- They have failed to meet benchmark scores on assessment testing in another nursing program.
- Students are notified of the decision by the nursing department no later than April 1st of each year.
Address: 501 Crescent St, New Haven, CT 06515
Submit your review
Leave a Reply