The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Southeastern Community College provides knowledge, skills, and techniques to incorporate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving atmosphere, and to fulfill personal needs which impact health, high quality of life, and also achievement of potential. Course work includes and also builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, along with the holistic individual.
Graduates of the Associate Degree Nursing training program (ADN ) at Southeastern Community College are ready to meet the educational skills outlined by the National Research Council (2003), the National League for Nursing (2010), and the Nursing Practice Act of North Carolina (August 2009).
Graduates of this training program meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
About The School
Southeastern Community College is a community college with its primary campus located between Chadbourn, NC and Whiteville, United States, NC in Columbus County, North Carolina, USA. It celebrated its 50th year anniversary in the year 2014.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,005
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete and return the Southeastern Community College Admissions Application.
- Take the college placement assessments in the Student Services Center. Placement assessment dates and times are available in the Student Services Center (extension 363), or online at www.sccnc.edu. Please note that SAT or ACT scores will not substitute for math competency. Students seeking admission to the nursing programs must take the math competency exams (see below)
- Request official high school and college transcripts to be sent to SCC. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED. (Copies of all these documents must be attached to the formal application.)
- Applicants must have successfully completed the following requirements with a grade of “C” or better, or test out (TO) through the placement assessment:
- DRE 096, 097, and 098 – TO or equivalent (Higher level English will substitute).
- Test out of DMA 010, 020, 030, 040, 050, and 065 (Must be current within 3 years of the application deadline – higher level math will not substitute).
- Applicants who have taken Biology (168/169) and Psychology (241) before the application deadline must have achieved a grade of “C” or better and the courses must be current within 10 years of the application deadline.
- Applicants must hold a valid certificate of CNA training and current listing on the North Carolina CNA registry, or a current unencumbered license to practice as an LPN in North Carolina. Applicants who challenged the CNA exam and have never attended a formal training class with scheduled clinical hours are not eligible to apply.
Once all requirements for application have been met, the applicant must meet with the Director of Nursing and Health Technologies to complete and sign the formal application.
Applicants are chosen for admission to the nursing program using a points system that is based on completion of a student readiness checklist, a comparison of SCC GPA, grades in NUR 117, success in previously completed core courses, and a review of all documents by the nursing admissions committee.
Southeastern Community College
Address: 4564 Chadbourn Hwy, Whiteville, NC 28472
Submit your review
Leave a Reply