Southeast Arkansas College (generally abbreviated as SEARK) is a 2-year associate degree granting community college in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, USA. It was initially a vocational-technical institution; the state legislature labelled the school as a college in the year 1991 with the name Pines Technical College. Southeast Arkansas College obtained its present name in 1998.
Southeast Arkansas College was initially named Arkansas Vocational-Technical School. It began offering post-secondary vocational-technical programs on September 21, 1959. Act 328 of 1957 set the stage for it to become the very first vocational-technical school in Arkansas to fulfill the requirements of industry and to render jobs, and raise the quality of life, for Arkansas citizens. The school’s first director was Leon Coker, who directed it from 1958 to 1974. The school’s name was later on modified to Pines Vocational-Technical School.
The nursing training program in SEARK is meant to provide an amateur point for individuals seeking upward mobility or who desire to become a registered nurse. The training program is built to prepare graduates with the knowledge and abilities needed to be successful on the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The training program allows students who aspire to become Registered Nurses to do so within a minimum time frame with a minimum duplication of course content and credits. SEARK Institution offers (2) alternatives for students aiming to attain the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing (LPN/Paramedic to RN Transition & Generic Option). The Generic alternative demands students to complete coursework in fundamental competencies already attained by the LPN/Paramedic. The Generic RN Training program Alternative is authorized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
Total program cost is USD $9,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completion of High School (or GED equivalency) Diploma
Complete all SEARK College Admission Requirements.
3. ACT Reading score – 19 or Accuplacer Reading 83; or a grade of “C” or better in a developmental reading course; Accuplacer Writing -80: Compass Math 21 or completion of 15 semester hours of general education applicable to the program with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
4. Completion of all required developmental education courses.
5. Provide transcripts from all colleges and /or schools of nursing and allied health attended.
6. Transfer students must present a letter of good standing from previous nursing program director.
7. Possess a 2.5 Grade Point Average.
8. Complete the required general education courses from an accredited college or university with a grade of “C” or above. (Total quality points in the required general education courses are calculated in determining admission status).
9. Complete a Division of Nursing & Allied Health Application form and submit to the Division of Nursing & Allied Health prior to the application deadline date.
10. Completion of the required nursing program admission exam. Scores must be included with the application.
Southeast Arkansas College
Address: 1900 S Hazel St, Pine Bluff, AR 71603
Phone: +1 870-543-5900
Submit your review
Leave a Reply