The Nursing Academic/Career Flexibility Training program in Southcentral Community and Technical College Kentucky provides a flawless educational alternative in nursing with two exit points allowing students to select a career as an LPN or Registered Nurse.
The program is organized around an undoubtedly outlined organizing structure and provides the basis for a competency-based approach to nursing education utilizing engaging and student-focused learning methods. Content and performance-based results for the nursing courses are chosen, created, and leveled from simple to difficult.
Pupils who successfully complete the very first year will get a diploma qualifying them to sign up for licensure as practical nurses. Following successful completion of the 2nd year, pupils will earn the Associate in Applied Science Degree in Nursing making them eligible to apply for licensure as registered nurses (RNs).
About the school
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (abbreviated as SKYCTC; initially referred to as Bowling Green Technical College), situated in Bowling Green, in the United States. Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College, is among the sixteen two-year, open-admissions colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). The institution is certified by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College was founded as Western Trade School in 1939 and was run by Western Kentucky State Teachers College later on Western Kentucky University (WKU). In the year 1962, the institution became independent of Western Kentucky University and underwent two name modifications before becoming a member of KCTCS in the year 1997 and becoming Bowling Green Technical College.
On December 7, 2012, the KCTCS Board of Regents authorized a request to modify the name to Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College, realizing the point that SACS had designated it as an extensive community college and granted authorization for it to award the Associate in Arts and also Associate in Science degrees.
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College controls six campuses:
- Main campus
- Glasgow Campus
- Glasgow Technology Campus
- Kentucky Advanced Technology Campus
- Franklin-Simpson Center
- Transpark Campus
Total estimated program cost is USD $12,771
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete application for admission to the college.
- Meet with a faculty advisor.
- Submit official high school transcript indicating that the applicant has or
- will complete a high school course of study or a passing GED official score report.
- Submit official transcripts of postsecondary work completed at all institutions.
- Submit results of ACT or equivalent.
- Be in active status on the Kentucky Medicaid Nurse Aide Registry.
- Take the TEAS exam for pre-admission (Test of Essential Academic Skills).
- Applicants who have completed 12 or more credit hours in the approved curriculum with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better from any regionally accredited college.
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
Address: 1845 Loop Ave, Bowling Green, KY 42101
Submit your review