The Associate Degree Nursing training program is a two (2) year curriculum. The course of study is built to build graduates who are responsible, accountable starting practitioners, and in a position to give direct patient care in many different health-care settings.
Pupils completing this program earn the Associate of Applied Science degree and are qualified to apply to take the State Board Examination (NCLEX) for Registered Nurse Licensure. The ADN training program is certified by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and also endorsed by the Texas Board of Nursing.
About The School
South Plains College (SPC) is a college situated in Levelland, Texas, USA. It operates satellite divisions in Plainview and also at the Reese Technology Center, initially Reese Air Force Base, in Lubbock. South Plains College also has a lot of classes in the Byron Martin Advanced Technology Center in Lubbock as part of a partnership with the Lubbock Independent School District.
South Plains College also has distance education centers situated in Littlefield, Muleshoe, and also Denver City. Along with their distance education programs, the institution also provides web-based (distance education) courses to its pupils, and also dual credit courses to high schools in the West Texas area, USA.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,500
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Prerequisite Courses Are:
- BIOL 2401 – Anatomy & Physiology I
- EGNL 1301 – English Composition I
- PSYC 2314 – Human Growth & Development
- BIOL 2420 – Microbiology
- Be Texas Success Initiative (TSI) compliant.
- Be admiited to the College
- Be admitted to the nursing program.
- ALL PREREQUITES MUST BE COMPLETED WITH A “C” OR BETTER.
- Must PASS the nursing entrance exam (TEAS). (Arrangements are made through the Testing Center at (806)716-2530)
- ADN Application will be given to student after the TEAS test is passed (only at SPC Campus)
- If TEAS is taken at other institutions, you will need to bring YOUR TEAS test scores to the Nursing department to pick up your application.
- Students selected for admission to the Associate degree nursing program will have a criminal background check prior to entering the program.
South Plains College
Address: 1401 South College Avenue, Levelland, TX 79336, United States
Submit your review
Leave a Reply