The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at South Piedmont Community College provides knowledge, competencies, and techniques to incorporate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving environment, and to satisfy personal needs which impact health, high quality of life, and also achievement of potential.
Graduates meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). Employment possibilities are huge within the global health-care system and may include roles within chronic, acute, extended, industrial, and also community health amenities.
About The School
South Piedmont Community College is a community college situated in North Carolina consisting of 2 campuses and an auxiliary center which serve the regions of Anson and also Union regions in south-central North Carolina, USA.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,035
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- complete the spcc application for admission at spcc.edu
- Submit official high school, high school equivalent or adult high school transcript
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges listed on your application.
- Prepare for and take the College Placement Test (CPT):
You have one opportunity to take the CPT (Reading, Math, and Computer).
The initial test is free.Students are strongly encouraged to thoroughly review CPT study material and use our test preparatory services. All placement test scores are good for five (5) years. All students are required to take the CPT unless exempt by a waiver. CPT Waivers can be found on the SPCC website.
- Have valid College Placement Test scores of:
DRE or combined Reading Comprehension/Sentence Skills score of 151 or higher
Computer skills: 80
Arithmetic: 55 and Algebra: 75 OR mastery in DMA 010 through 080
Completion within five (5) years of program application deadline of:
DRE 096 through DRE 098
DMA 010 through 080 (MAT 060, 070, and 080)
CIS 110 with a grade of C or higher (no expiration)
- Completion of high school or college- level biology and chemistry with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Current certification as a Nurse Assist I with listing on the North Carolina Nurae Aide I Registry.
- Take the TEAS V test within two (2) years of the application packet dealine. you must score at least a 65 on ATI TEAS or TEAS V to be considered for admisssion.
- All course work must be at least a “C”; your program GPA must be at least 3.0 to be considered for admission.
South Piedmont Community College
Address: 680 US-74, Polkton, NC 28135
Submit your review
Leave a Reply