Course work in the training program is presented in an evening/weekend structure for working pupils. The Associate Degree Nursing training program prepares graduates to utilize their ability and knowledge to satisfy the role of the nurse: demonstrate sound nursing judgment, enhance human flourishing, continually develop a professional identity, and possess a spirit of inquiry to enhance the top notch of patient care.
Encompassed within these functions are the core aspects of context and environment, knowledge and science, quality and safety, personal/professional development, relationship-centered care, and teamwork. These core components are presented, created and developed upon through the curriculum.
Graduates are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum is structured around an undoubtedly outlined conceptual framework and incorporates general education and also nursing courses. The nursing courses correlate classroom and also clinical guidance in many different community organizations. The Training program admits once every 3 semesters.
About the school
Somerset Community College (SCC), situated in Somerset, Kentucky, is among the sixteen two-year, open-admissions colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). The college offers academic, general education, and also technical curricula leading to certificates, diplomas, as well as associate’s degrees. The 2002 combination of Somerset Community College, Laurel Technical College, and Somerset Technical College generated an extensive community and technical college whose starting reaches back to 1940.
Somerset Community College serves pupils on two campuses and four centers in south-central Kentucky. The institution offers distance learning opportunities via online classes, televised courses, and also courses at off-campus sites all through southern Kentucky. In the academic year 2006-2007 Somerset Community College served 6,318 pupils from 77 of Kentucky’s one hundred twenty counties.
Total estimated program cost $10,430
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Your high school transcript or GED certificate. Any hand delivered or faxed transcripts cannot be considered official and will not allow a student access to enroll in classes. ALL transcripts must be mailed or sent electronically from the school(s) which have been attended in order to be considered official for enrollment access
- Scores from a placement test such as the ACT or COMPASS. ACT scores below 19 in Math, 18 in English, and/or 20 in Reading
- Completion of the KCTCS digital literacy (computer literacy) requirement, not required for application, but required if admitted.
- Transcripts of all post-secondary work completed at other institutions.
- A copy of current LPN/LVN license verification from the KBN website. Students currently enrolled in a LPN program must pass the NCLEX-PN exam and submit a copy of their PN license prior to enrolling in the first nursing course, if accepted into the program.
Somerset Community College
Address: 808 Monticello St, Somerset, KY 42501
Submit your review