Solano Community College (SCC) is a two (2) year institution of higher learning situated in Fairfield, Solano County, California (between San Francisco and also Sacramento) United States. It is associated with California’s public community college system, which makes up 112 campuses in 72 districts across the state. Solano Community College service area consists of all of Solano County, and the town of Winters in Yolo County.
The college was founded in 1945 as Vallejo Junior College. It was associated with the Vallejo City Unified School District until in the year 1967 when it developed itself as a countywide institution.
Solano Community College is made up of a primary campus and also two satellite campuses: one in Vacaville and another in Vallejo. It also makes use of space at other areas for classes that the three campuses cannot accommodate. The 192-acre primary campus in Fairfield was finished in 1971; it’s Vacaville satellite campus was started soon after. On September 15, 2007, the satellite campus in Vallejo had started. In its very first year, the college had roughly 5,000 students and the three campus system as of 2007 has an overall of roughly 11,000 students.
The Registered Nursing Program at Solano Community College is a two (2) year Associate Degree Training program fully endorsed by the California State Board of Registered Nursing and is subject to its guidelines concerning the education and training of nurses. On Successful completion of the training program makes the student eligible to sit for the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse (RN). The practice of nursing demands knowledge of the behavioral, biological, and physical sciences, and also knowledge and the ability to speak, to read, Solano Community College and to write the English language effectively. The program follows the policy of non-discrimination established by the Governing Board of Solano Community Colleges.
Total program cost is USD $8,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Students must complete the TEAS V with a score of 62 % or higher
- Prerequisites course:
- ENGL 001 Composition
- BIO 004* Anatomy (with lab)
- BIO 005* Physiology (with lab)
- BIO 014* Microbiology (with lab)
- You must achieve a composite score of 73 or above to qualify for the Registered Nurse program.
- The composite score is determined by a combination of:
- a) Overall college GPA;
- b) ENGL001 grade;
- c) Core Biology (Anatomy, Physiology & Microbiology) GPA; and
- d) Core Biology course repetitions.
Note: Grades of A or B are recommended for the four prerequisites for RN program application: English 001, Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology. The composite score is severely lowered by any repeat of Anatomy, Physiology or Microbiology with a W, D, or F.
- Prerequisites for Anatomy, Physiology and Microbiology: students need to provide an unofficial transcript for proof of prerequisite completion.
- Arithmetic-MATH 310 or BUS 181 or One year high school Math with a “C” or better.
- Pre-Algebra – MATH 320 or One year high school
- Pre-algebra with a “C” or better.
- Elementary Algebra- MATH 330 (or 330A and 330B) (formerly MATH 102) or One year high school Algebra 1 with a “C” or better.
Solano Community College
Address: 4000 Suisun Valley Rd, Fairfield, Ca 94534
Leave a Reply