Skagit Valley College offers a program for nurses who have graduated from a PN training program and have a current Washington State LPN license. The LPN to RN ATA Degree training program includes the 2nd year of the Associate Degree in Registered Nursing. Students complete the same RN training program requirements, related education courses, and six quarters of nursing courses required for the ATA degree.
The training program was made to create a pathway for PN graduates to go into high-wage, high-demand career opportunities in health-care. Graduates of this training program receive an Associate Degree in Registered Nursing (ADN) and are qualified to take the State Licensing Examination (NCLEX-RN) for Registered Nursing.
About the school
Skagit Valley College (SVC) is a two (2) year community college serving Skagit, and San Juan counties in northwest Washington State, United States. Founded in 1926, Skagit Valley College grants academic transfer degrees, professional/technical degrees, and certificates.
The academic transfer degree and some professional/technical degrees can be accomplished online. Many Skagit Valley College personal courses in over twenty disciplines are also offered online. It is known all through numerous English-speaking nations for its offering of learning communities. Courses are offered during fall, summer, winter, and spring quarters.
The Skagit Valley College district includes two campuses and three centers: the Mount Vernon Campus, Skagit Valley College major campus, is situated in Mount Vernon, Washington, and the Whidbey Island Campus is situated in Oak Harbor, Washington. The South Whidbey Centre is situated in Clinton, Washington; the San Juan Centre is situated in Friday Harbor, and the Marine Technology Centre in Anacortes, Washington. Furthermore, Skagit Valley College serves a lot of military and their dependents at the college’s Whidbey Island Campus.
Skagit Valley College offers a Bachelor of Applied Science in Environmental Conservation at the Mount Vernon Campus.
Among prominent alumni of the college is the Malawian writer Legson Kayira (c .1942–2012), who after taking walks all the way from Nyasaland to Uganda as a young man applied to the Institution and was honored a scholarship, which he took up in January the year 1961.
Total program cost is USD $9,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges where nursing prerequisites were taken.
- Before applying to the Nursing Program, students need to apply to Skagit Valley College.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age by admission date.
- Your schedule may vary depending on where you place into Math and English; and how many classes per quarter you are planning on taking.
- Science series courses should be taken in the following sequence: CHEM& 121 → BIOL& 160 → BIOL& 241 → BIOL& 242 → BIOL& 260
- Humanities may vary; CMST& 220 and SPAN& 121 are recommended.
- Humanities will be included in the GPA calculation beginning July 2018. Applicants for fall 2017 and spring 2018 Admission can complete these after admission, if necessary.
- Official TEAS transcript; have TEAS scores submitted to SVC.
Skagit Valley College
Address: 2405 E. College Way, Mt Vernon, WA 98273, United States
Submit your review
Leave a Reply