Sierra College is a California community college, has its primary campus situated in Rocklin, California, USA. Rocklin is situated in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, roughly 20 minutes from the state capital of Sacramento and also 105 miles east of San Francisco. The campus is located within the watershed of Secret Ravine, a location for mining operations during the California Gold Rush. Along with the 300 acre Rocklin campus, the District possesses a 115 acre campus in Grass Valley which is in nearby Nevada County, a campus Centre in Truckee, and a campus Centre in Roseville. The Sierra Community College District, a region that covers more than 3,200 sqm, serves Placer, Nevada and also parts of El Dorado and Sacramento counties.
The College was formally established in 1936 and is completely authorized by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. This is the date that the institution uses as the recognized establishment, despite the fact that it had been functioning under several names and locations before this. It was founded as “Placer Junior College.”
The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program in Sierra College provides pre-licensure education. Students completing the two (2) year regular training program are prepared and eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Total program cost is USD $5,000
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The Nursing Program office cannot complete prerequisite course evaluations. If you have taken a prerequisite course outside of Sierra College and it is not listed on the Equivalency Grid – accessed below and under the Application and Selection accordion – you may wish to contact a Sierra College academic counselor.
- All prerequisites must be completed, with a grade “C” or better, and posted to the appropriate Official College Transcript before submitting an application to the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
- Prerequisites “in progress” are not accepted.
- Prerequisites courses:
- English 1A- Composition and Literature
- Psychology 100 [formerly Psych 1]- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Development 1- Human Development
- Bio Science 4 or 8A/B- Microbiology
- Bio Science 5 or 7A/7B- Anatomy
- Bio Science 6- Physiology
- Nutrition 10- Fundamentals of Human Nutrition
- Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology and Fundamentals of Human Nutrition must be completed within seven (7) years of application to the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
- Completion of one year (or block schedule equivalent) of Algebra I or higher level mathematics in high school with grades of “C” or better).
- The TEAS V must be successfully completed prior to enrollment in the program. TEAS V results from Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) may be sent electronically to the Sierra College Nursing office, or may be included in the nursing application packet. Students must achieve a cumulative score of 62% to be accepted into the program.
Address: 5000 Rocklin Rd, Rocklin, CA 95677
Submit your review
Leave a Reply