Shelton State Community College is committed to helping students reach their career goals. The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) track is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. It is to graduate well-prepared nurses who are strong practitioners both clinically and academically. The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program requires Twenty-one (21) months, or five consecutive semesters to complete the program.
About the school
Shelton State Community College is a product of merging several schools together. The Tuscaloosa Trade School was created by the Alabama State Board of Education in 1950. Shelton broke ground on a new campus on Alabama Highway 69 in the growing Taylorville suburb of Tuscaloosa. The new campus – called Jack campus – opened up during 1997-98 and consolidated that 15th Road and Skyland Boulevard campuses into one. The Fredd campus remained on MLK Boulevard but was renovated to complement the structures of Martin campus extensively.
Cost of running program
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Minimum Admission Standards for the ADN Program (Two Year Track):
- Unconditional admission to the college.
- Receipt of completed application packet for the ADN Two Year Track by June 1st.
- Minimum of 2.50 GPA on the last 24 hours of college credit for students with previous college credit (undergraduate or graduate). Official SSCC transcript must be included in the application packet.
- Minimum of 2.50 cumulative high school GPA for students without prior college course work (official high school transcript or a GED must be included in the application packet).
- Eligible to enroll in or completed: a. ENG 101 and MTH 100 or higher as determined by college placement. b. BIO 201 during the first term of nursing courses (as a pre-requisite to BIO 201, students must successfully complete BIO 103 or achieve a passing score on the ACS approved placement.
- In good standing with the college.
- Meeting the essential functions or technical standards required for nursing.
- An official Test of Essential Skills V (TEAS) score taken prior to application and taken within the last 3 years.
Shelton State Community College
Address: 9500 Old Greensboro Rd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405, USA
Phone: +1 205-391-2211
Leave a Reply