- SF Medical Center College of Nursing offers an undergraduate training program that leads to a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN). The training program continues over a 100-year historical past and also a tradition of quality in nursing education. The BSN training program readies individuals for the practice of professional nursing. The curriculum for the BSN training program comprises of 124 semester hours of coursework. The hours are split into 59 hours of liberal arts and sciences courses at a certified college or university of the student’s preference and also 65 hours of study in the nursing major at the College of Nursing.
- The curriculum was created by the faculty so that each course contributes to the overall training The BSN training program offers various clinical experiences to prepare pupils for the practice of nursing.
- Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing is a single purpose school offering an educational training program leading to a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN). Graduates of state-approved diploma or perhaps associate degree nursing programs may receive 33 semester hours of credit in the nursing major without examination upon satisfactory completion of the specified courses based on College policy.
About the school
- SF Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, acquired by the Sisters of the 3rd Order of St. Francis, is connected with and also situated on the campus of OSF Saint Francis Medical Center (OSFSFMC) in Peoria, The state of Illinois, USA. The School is a non-public, non-profit, specialized nursing college offering upper division undergraduate and also graduate nursing programs. The School of Nursing is the only Catholic college of nursing in the Peoria Diocese.
- The Institution which had its start as St. Francis Hospital School of Nursing was organized in the year 1905, for Sisters only. The School’s diploma training program was endorsed by the State of Illinois in the year 1915 and unveiled to lay students in the year 1918.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $21,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Evidence of graduation from a high school approved by the State Board of Education or official score report of the G.E.D.
- Home schooled applicants should submit the following:
- Official copy of the academic record indicating grade point average, a summary of all courses taught by the home school, the title of each course, the grade received, and the name of the instructor.
- Official transcripts received through any correspondence school or regional organization that provides the service for home schools.
- The Secondary School Report Home School Supplement HS.
- Completion of 59 semester hours of required pre-nursing curriculum at a regionally accredited college or university with an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.50 on a 4.0 scale. A 2.50 GPA for both Anatomy & Physiology courses is required. Required pre-nursing courses must be taken for a letter grade rather than pass/fail or credit/no credit. Only grades of “C” or above are accepted for transfer credit. A total of two courses may be repeated within the past five years. Each course may be repeated only one time.
- Acceptance of College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or Proficiency Examination Program (PEP) credit will be given individual consideration by the Admissions and Progression Committee.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required of all applicants whose native language is not English.
RN to BSN Admission
- Completion of 59 semester hours of pre nursing curriculum with a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Graduation from a state approved diploma or associate degree nursing program.
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Illinois.
- Satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants whose first language is not English.
Address: 511 NE Greenleaf St, Peoria, IL 61603
Phone: +1 309-655-2201
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews
Leave a Reply