- The Baccalaureate nursing training program, a part of the Division of Nursing at Southeast Missouri State University. The Baccalaureate training program is completely certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and also has full authorization by the State of Missouri through the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the training program, you will have a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN) along with the basic preparation for making application to take the National Council of State Boards of Nursing Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- The Baccalaureate nursing curriculum is built to promote your professional growth in the field of nursing.
- Learning activities will develop you as a generalist in nursing, that is, you will have the basic level Baccalaureate competencies necessary to function in any area of nursing practice.
About the school
- Southeast Missouri State University, is a public, certified institution situated in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States Of America, close to the banks of the Mississippi River.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Please make sure you are eligible to apply. You must have at least a 2.800 overall GPA to apply. Applications for students with less than a 2.8 GPA will be returned. Studies show that students who do well in the sciences are more likely to be successful in nursing school.
- You must have applied and been admitted to Southeast Missouri State University in order for evaluators to access information in the student database. Your assigned Southeast Student ID# and Southeast e-mail address should be included on the application
- The application should contain a correct mailing address where you wish to receive any correspondence from the Department of Nursing. All e-mail correspondence will be directed to the Southeast E-mail account, so be sure that the Southeast Key is activated and your password is working properly.
- Students are required to have all university studies and pre-requisite courses completed before beginning any nursing coursework. The seven pre-requisite courses are A&P 1, A&P 2, Chemistry, Microbiology, Statistics, Nutrition, and Human Development. At the time the student submits his or her application, three of the four sciences must be completed and all other coursework must be in progress. Evaluators should be able to confirm enrollment in any remaining courses by pulling up a student’s Southeast degree audit or reviewing submitted transcripts.
- If you do not have all of your coursework completed or in progress and feel that your circumstances merit special consideration, you must explain in writing why you feel you should be allowed an exception and outline how you plan to complete all requirements BEFORE beginning nursing coursework. The letter should be addressed to the Student Affairs Committee (Attention: Dr. Terri Woods) and attached to the application. Do not send the letter under separate cover. AN APPEAL LETTER DOES NOT GUARANTEE SPECIAL ADMISSION and it is important to note that students who have followed all instructions and met all requirements will be considered first.
- Special Information for Transfer Students and Students with a conferred Associate’s Degree: With an associate’s degree, the lower-level university studies courses are typically waived; however, two of the upper-level (300-level) interdisciplinary courses are required of both associate’s degree students and transfer students. These courses are unique to Southeast and must be completed here. Students should make sure that they have met all university requirements and nursing requirements.
- Transfer students should also include an unofficial copy of allcollege transcripts in order for the application to be considered. Applications without unofficial transcripts attached will be returned to the student.
- Please fill out the application completely and legibly in either black or blue ink. You may also type the application if you choose.
Address: 1 University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Submit your review