Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) is a community college situated in the city of Santa Rosa in Sonoma County, California, United States. Established in 1918, it is the 10th most ancient community college in California. Santa Rosa Junior College was prototyped as a “junior” form of close by University of California, Berkeley, USA. It was meant to be a feeder institution for the University of California system. Santa Rosa Junior College is controlled by the Sonoma County Community College District.
Santa Rosa Junior College major campus is situated 52 miles north of San Francisco and carries a traditional-style 100 acre campus with ivy-covered brick structures on a backdrop of rolling green lawns, dotted with ancient oak trees, flower gardens, redwoods, and also manicured lawns in a park like setting in the heart of Santa Rosa, California, United States. Along with its administration complexes, state-of-the-art classroom facilities, laboratories and conference-winning sport programs, the campus shelters a Planetarium, the Robert F. Agrella Art Gallery, the Santa Rosa Junior College Museum and the Summer Repertory Theatre.
The Nursing Program at Santa Rosa Junior College has been endorsed by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and prepares the student for entrance into the practice of professional registered nursing. Students obtain clinical experiences in many different clinical facilities and community agencies all through Sonoma County.
The successful completion of this primary entitles the student to an Associate of Science Degree in Nursing (AS), and be qualified to take the NCLEX-RN, the professional licensing exam to become a registered nurse.
It is heavily advisable that all candidates attend a Counseling Pre-nursing Information Meeting and consult with a health sciences counselor before starting the training program prerequisites. The assessment worksheet is an advising tool only. Program demands are subject to modification and students are highly advised to consult with the nursing division concerning all requirements.
Total program cost is USD $8,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- ANAT 1 General Human Anatomy
- PHYSIO 1 Human Physiology
- ENGL 1A Reading & Composition
Complete a combination totaling at least 3.00 units from the following:
- FDNT 62
- FDNT 10 and FDNT 162
Complete any combination totaling at least 4.00 units from the following:
- MICRO 5 General Microbiology
- MICRO 60 Fundamentals of Microbiology
- CHEM 60 and BIO 10 are prerequisites to the Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology courses. Prerequisite science courses without an on campus laboratory component will not be accepted.
- Because basic algebra is recommended for chemistry, students without basic algebra skills are advised to take Elementary Algebra. The department recommends that students meet the math competency requirement for the Associate Degree prior to entering the program.
- Prior to being accepted into the ADN program students must successfully complete a background check, clear urine drug screen, and other clinical placement health requirements.
- All courses taken in conjunction with this program must be completed with a grade of ‘C’ or better. (C- In prerequisite courses will not be accepted if the C minus is less than 70 %.)
Santa Rosa Junior College
Address: 1501 Mendocino Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Submit your review