Santa Monica College (SMC) is a two (2) year, public community college situated in Santa Monica, California, United States Of America. Authorized by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Santa Monica College is the head in California’s 113 community college system in transfers to the Universities of California, United States, serving around thirty-three thousand (33,000) students and offering over 90 areas of study. It was established in 1929. Ever since 1929, Santa Monica College has provided educational opportunities, job training, and cultural enrichment via its radio station KCRW (89.9 FM), the Broad Stage at the Santa Monica College Performing Arts Centre and lifelong learning via unique programs, for instance, its Emeritus College for more aged adults.
Santa Monica College offers a number of occupational certificate programs, including accounting, office information systems, fashion design, and the Academy of Entertainment Technology (which offers certificates in engaging media and also animation). The institution also offers logistics and supply chain programs at Associate of Applied Science and Certificate level
The Santa Monica College Associate Degree in Nursing training program prepares students to satisfy the standards of the California Board of Registered Nursing (RN). This program is endorsed by the California Board of Registered Nursing and authorized by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
Graduates from the training program are qualified to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
Total program cost is USD $3,000-$4000
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- An overall minimum grade point average of 2.7 for the Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and Microbiology prerequisite courses, taken in the last 5 years, with no grade less than “C” for each course, and no more than one repetition/withdrawal in the group of courses. Only one repetition or withdrawal is allowed from all three of the pre-requisite science courses.
- College level, transferable English Composition, minimum of (3) semester units with a grade no less than a “C”.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7 for ALL college coursework.
- Good standing status at Santa Monica College (academic and in progress).
- Must take and achieve the required score on a CA Chancellor’s Office approved Admissions Assessment.
- Meet the minimum physical qualifications & essential functions. See Essential Functions Required of Nursing Students.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- The college will notify accepted applicants an acceptance letter for the either the fall or spring semester. Approximately 50 students are accepted into the program each semester and are notified by mail.
Transfer students are required to meet the same standard for admission in addition to successful completion of nursing courses. There are limited spaces for this type of entry.
Students must have a valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Students should be prepared to spend approximately $1,000 the first semester for books, equipment, uniforms, and tuition.
Santa Monica College
Address: 1900 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405
Submit your review
Leave a Reply