The ADN training program at Sandhills Community College starts only in the fall semester. Classes are conducted in the day-time exclusively, and not many classes can be finished online. Classes are conducted at the primary campus in Pinehurst.
Admittance to the Nursing training program is competitive and is dependent on points gained via your score on an entrance examination and your high school or perhaps college grades. There is absolutely no waiting list, meaning that if you are not offered a seat in the training program, you have to reapply.
About The School
Sandhills Community College is a community college situated in Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States. Sandhills was procured in the year 1963, and formally opened October 1, 1965.
Sandhills Community College has roughly 4,100 pupils enlisted in college-credit curriculum courses and more than 11,000 pupils who take continuing education courses each year.
Sandhills Community College is situated on 150 acres of long leaf pine-filled land in Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States. The school relocated to its current site from downtown Southern Pines in March in the year 1966.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,035
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete an SCC admissions application online.
- Submit official (sealed) high school/high school equivalency and college transcripts to the SCC Admissions office.
- Complete a Chemistry course with a grade of “C” or better as verified by high school or college transcript.
- HESI A2 (Admission Assessment Exam): A 75+ cumulative score, including a 75+ on the reading comprehension section and a 75+ on the math section, is required on one single test date. (The cumulative score is the average of all five sections tested: Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Anatomy & Physiology, and Math.)
- Students may only take the HESI A2 twice in an academic year (Aug.-July).
- HESI A2 scores for tests taken within the last three years will be reviewed.
- All students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Submit Nurse Aide- Certificate of Completion from a state approved NA I training program having theory, lab and clinical components and current active listing on North Carolina NA I registry.
- Course Placement:
- Place into ENG 111
- Place out of Math Modules DMA 010-DMA 080, or completion of MAT 121 with a “C” or better.
Sandhills Community College
Address: 3395 Airport Rd, Pinehurst, NC 28374
Submit your review
Leave a Reply