This is a two (2) year training program leading to an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) and is available in the traditional semester structure over the course of five semesters. Class and also clinical sessions meet primarily during daytime hours. Nursing application packets can be obtained only in the fall (September to January) and spring (March to June) open application sessions.
The San Juan College Nursing Training program offers an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) partnered with the University of New Mexico on the San Juan Institution campus. Pupils who graduate from the nursing training program meet the requirements to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for licensing as a Register Nurse (RN) and may continue to enlist in additional degree programs offered at select four (4) year institutions.
The San Juan College Division of Nursing is a complete associate of the New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium (NMNEC)
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
San Juan College is a community college situated in Farmington, New Mexico, United States. Established in 1956 as an outlet of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanical Arts. San Juan College turned an independent community college following a county election in the year 1981.
In the year 1958, the name was modified from Farmington Branch to San Juan Branch, NMSU. This name better pointed out the region served by the branch.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,150
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Enrolled as a San Juan College student.
- Submitted all official school transcripts as listed in the application instructions.
- Taken the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) for nursing exam and obtained the minimum eligible Adjusted Individual Total Score. Only current official testing transcript score results will be used for selection point calculation.
- Submitted a current complete nursing program application. Note: If reapplying for selection, a new nursing application is required.
- Achieved a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.0. The GPA requirement must be fulfilled at the end of the fall or spring semester prior to the current application period deadline.
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 in the ADN 17 credit hour prerequisite courses. The GPA requirement must be fulfilled at the end of the fall or spring semester prior to the current application deadline. All prerequisite courses require a minimum grade of ‘C’.
- Completed all ADN prerequisite courses (17 credit hours).
San Juan College
Address: San Juan College 4601 College Boulevard Farmington, New Mexico 87402
Phone: (505) 326-3311
Submit your review
Leave a Reply