- The School of Nursing at SJSU offers a program for men and women planning a Bachelor’s of Science degree in nursing. The baccalaureate training program grooms the individual for professional nursing practice in various acute care and community settings and also graduate studies.
- Nursing is an impacted major at San José State University. This implies that all new first-year students and also transfer pupils need to fulfill supplemental requirements.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate degree training program at SJSU.
- Admission occurs each and every Spring and Fall semester at SJSU. The REGISTERED NURSE to BSN training program can be completed in three semesters of regular study.
About the school
- San José State University (typically known as San Jose State or perhaps SJSU) is a large public university situated in San Jose, California, United States of America. It is the founding institution of the 23 campus California State University system and holds the honor of being the most ancient public institution of higher education on the West Coast of the USA.
- What is currently known as San José State University was formerly founded in the year 1857 as the Minns Evening Normal School in San Francisco, established by George W.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,075
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Undergraduate BSN Application
The Valley Foundation School of Nursing has biannual admission application periods – Spring and Fall. Supplemental criteria for eligibility for the applicant cohort pool include:
- Composite GPA of 3.0 in 5 prerequisite courses (BIOL 065, BIOL 066, MICRO 020, ENGL 001A, and STAT 095). All courses must be passed with a C or better.
- BIOL 065, BIOL 066, and MICRO 020 must be completed within 5 years of establishing eligibility and passed with a grade of “C” or better. If the course does not meet the 5-year. recency requirement the student will need to retake that course. The grade for any of these 3 courses taken within the 5 years will be used for calculation purposes. Courses may not be repeated, except for forgiveness when taken at the original school and this designation must appear on official transcripts. (“W” and “WB” grades are excluded).
- A minimum TEAS score of 75; version 5 and version 6 are both acceptable versions of the TEAS. This exam may only be taken two times regardless of the version. (www.sjsu.edu/nursing)
- Composite GPA of 3.0 in CHEM 030A, COMM 020, and an Area A3 (critical thinking) course. All courses must be passed with a C or better. Options for acceptable area A3 courses are listed on the University’s web site.
- A passing score on the Writing Skills Test (WST).
RN to BS APPLICANTS:
- RN to BS in nursing application form
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Copy of your writing skills test (WST) results
- Copy of your RN license (or permit)
Address: 1 Washington Sq, San Jose, CA 95192
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews
Leave a Reply