- Pre-licensure training program for entry into the nursing profession. The BSN training program at San Francisco State University is open to California residents who are not registered Applicants may be San Francisco State pupils, transfer students, or others who are looking a second baccalaureate degree. Upon successful completion of the training program, pupils are ready and qualified to sit and take the NCLEX to become a registered nurse (RN).
- Advanced placement for registered nurses (RNs) without a baccalaureate degree. Candidates must be qualified for Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California. Before signing up for clinical nursing courses must be licensed as an RN in California or be exempt by military status.
About the school
- San Francisco State University is a public research university situated in San Francisco, California, United States of America.
- As part of the 23 campus California State University system, the institution offers 118 various Bachelor’s degrees, ninety-four Master degrees.
- Five Doctoral degrees that consist of a Doctor of Physical Therapy, 2 Doctor of Education, a Ph.D. in Education and Doctor of Physical Therapy Science, with twenty-six teaching credentials among six academic colleges.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,005
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Freshman cannot be admitted to San Francisco State University as a nursing major. They instead can be admitted as Pre-Nursing students or to an alternate major.
- Residency- Must be a California resident or be eligible for in-state tuition.
- Minimum Grade Point Average- Prerequisite GPA must be 3.0 or higher at the time of School of Nursing supplemental application.
- Score 78 or higher on the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
- Prerequisite Coursework- At least seven of the eight prerequisite courses must be completed by the time of School of Nursing supplemental application submission. A minimum grade of C is required in all prerequisite courses. A grade of C- is not acceptable.
- Human Anatomy with Lab BIOL 220 (3 semester units)
- Human Physiology with Lab BIOL 212/ 213 (4 semester units)
- *Survey of Chemistry with Lab CHEM 101/ 102 (4 semester units)
- General Microbiology with Lab BIOL 210/ 211 (4 semester units)
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Statistics Math 124 (3 semester units)
A minimum grade of C is required in all prerequisite courses. A grade of C- is not acceptable.
- California RN License- Must have a valid California RN license or be exempt by virtue of military status or Receive a California RN license no later than January 6, 2017.
Admitted applicants who do not have the license by this date will forfeit the space to an eligible wait list applicant.
- Educational Background
Graduation from an accredited associated degree nursing program or its equivalent.
- Minimum Grade Point Average
Prerequisite GPA must be at least 3.0 at the time of School of Nursing supplemental application and Nursing coursework GPA must be at least 2.5
- Prerequisite Coursework
At least seven of the eight prerequisite courses must be completed by the time of School of Nursing supplemental application submission
- A minimum grade of C is required in all prerequisite courses. A grade of C- is not acceptable.
- Please consult Assist to determine comparable or articulated coursework taken at California community colleges or CSUs. If the course in question was taken at a UC, a private university, or outside of California please contact the School of Nursing.
- Repeating a prerequisite course is acceptable and the higher grade will be used by the School of Nursing Admissions Committee.
- Prospective students who are pursuing their first bachelor’s degree and have a question about the written communication, oral communication, critical thinking or quantitative reasoning (statistics) courses should contact the SF State Student Outreach Services office. These four courses are also university-wide Transfer Admissions requirements and must be evaluated by a university pre-admissions counselor.
Address: 1600 Holloway Ave, San Francisco, CA 94132
Submit your review
Leave a Reply