San Diego City College (recognized more informally as City College or City) is a public, two (2) year community college situated in San Diego, California, United States of America. San Diego City College City College is a member of the San Diego Community College District along with San Diego Miramar College, San Diego Mesa College, and San Diego Continuing Education. City, as well as Mesa and Miramar, belong to the California Community College system together with one hundred and nine (109) other public community colleges.
The Associate of Science Degree in Nursing (ADN) curriculum in San Diego City College prepares entry-level Registered Nurses (RN) as providers of health care across the health/illness continuum and as associates within the profession. The curriculum values the personality of the student and targets to provide a positive, innovative learning model that fosters the growth and development of critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to ensure that the graduate nurse is prepared to provide care to a culturally varied population in many different health-care functions. Graduate nurses work together with members of the health-care team, are very effective communicators, are politically conscious, and display a dedication to lifelong learning. Upon successful completion of training program requirements, graduates are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Total program cost is USD $8,270
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Applicants apply one year before beginning the Nursing Education Program. Applications are accepted from September 1 to December 1 of each year. The following requirements must be met to apply for the program:
- Students must pass the atiTEAS with a score of 62% or higher. Only official atiTEAS results, sent to the college from ATI, will be accepted. the atiTEAS test can be taken at any testing center. Students interested in taking the atiTEAS at San Diego City College, contact the Nursing Education Department at 619-388-3441. Students must submit the results of all TEAS tests taken. San Diego City College will not accept unofficial copies of TEAS results from students or from other colleges.
- Completion of Immunizations or evidence of positive titres (click here for Immunization form). Please print form and the form completed by your healthcare provider.
- Completion of the following PREREQUISITES with a minimum grade of “C” or better. A combined grade point average of 2.5 or higher is required.
# Biology 230, Human Anatomy: with lab 4 semester units or equivalent
* Biology 235, Human Physiology: with lab 4 semester units or equivalent.
* Biology 205, Microbiology: with lab 5 semester units or equivalent.
# Must be completed within a ten-year period preceding qualifying date of eligibility.
*Must be completed within a seven-year period preceding qualifying date of eligibility.
Only one (1) repeat of one (1) science prerequisite course is allowed. A withdrawal (“W”) is considered a repeated course.
San Diego City College
Address: 1313 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
Submit your review