San Bernardino Valley College is a community college situated in San Bernardino, California, the United States that offers One hundred and thirty-eight (138) programs. It is totally authorized by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The two (2) year college has an enrollment of 17,044 students and covers 82 acres. It was founded in 1926. Valley College is also an associated with the San Bernardino Community College District which includes Crafton Hills College situated in nearby Yucaipa along with the Professional Development Center in San Bernardino.
The objective of the Associate Degree Nursing Program at San Bernardino Valley College is to provide an extensive, top quality instructional program to help students to achieve their vocational objective of becoming Registered Nurses (RN).
The Nursing Department offers a series of courses leading to an Associate of Science degree ( A .S ) with a major in nursing. Students learn how to function in many different health-care functions and assist patients, through the nursing process, attain or maintain their optimum level of overall health. Graduates are qualified to take the national licensing examination and become certified as a Registered Nurse in California, USA.
Learning routines are conducted on the San Bernardino Valley College campus as well as in local hospitals and community organizations. The training program is authorized by both the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission along with the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
Total program cost is USD $8,270
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit application to the College (can also be done online)
- Official high school diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- Complete all Nursing pre-requisite courses
- The RN Program will no longer accept official transcripts directly from students (Outside Colleges). If you are using AP credit with a score 3 or higher official College Board results must be submitted to Admissions and Records. All official transcripts must be submitted to the Admissions & Records Office (AD/SS-100) for evaluation of prior credit.
- Science GPA: 2.75 AND General Education GPA: 2.50
- All Science courses must be completed in the past five years prior to admission (Psychology; psych 100, Anatomy; BIO 250 OR BIO 260, Physiology; BIO 251 OR BIO 261, Microbiology; BIO 270)
- If student has a Bachelor’s degree or higher only calculate for (Sociology Soc- 100 or Cultural Anthropology Anthro-102, Communication Studies Commst-100 or Commst-111) (Sociology Soc- 100 or Cultural Anthropology Anthro-102, Communication Studies Commst-100 or Commst-111, Intermediate Algebra Math-095,English Freshman Comp. Eng-101, Humanities 1 & Humanities 2)
Fall semester deadline is February 1 and for spring semester entry September 1.
The college uses a random selection, if the numbers of applicants who fulfil the requirements exceed the number of spaces available.
San Bernardino Valley College
Address: 701 S Mt Vernon Ave, San Bernardino, CA 92410
Submit your review
Leave a Reply