The two (2) year Nursing Training program that readies the pupil to become a registered nurse (RN). The training program grants the Associate Degree of Applied Science (AAS) to its graduates. The nursing division at San Antonio College is among the biggest Nursing training program in San Antonio and also Texas. It is extremely competitive.
Upon successful completion of the nursing education training program, graduates meet the requirements to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) certified by and administered via the Texas Board of Nursing. The pupil has the chance to learn both the art and also science of nursing; both are essential for a registered nurse to practice nursing care.
The Division of Nursing Education at San Antonio College is certified by the following agencies: Texas Board of Nursing (BON) and also Accreditations Commission for Education in Nursing.
About The School
San Antonio College (often referred to as SAC; pronounced “sack”) is a community college that is part of the Alamo Community College District. It is situated on San Pedro Avenue, across from San Pedro Park as well as via Metropolitan Transit headquarters, all of which are in the Tobin Hill district of San Antonio, simply just north of Downtown San Antonio. It was established in the year 1925.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,550
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to the nursing program occurs twice each academic year: students are admitted to begin studies in the fall or spring semesters. Official application filing period for FALL semester- November 11 – February 15 and Official application filing period for SPRING semester admission- June 1 – Aug 31.
- Apply Texas: ALL Applicants for nursing studies must apply first to San Antonio College (SAC). Applications are submitted through the Apply Texas website applytexas.org.
- Standardized entrance exam (TEAS)- TEAS score to be submitted by deadline date of application period. Applications without a TEAS score submission will not be considered for admissions.
- Mandatory Courses: Once admitted to SAC, the three degree-requirement courses mandatory for admission are BIOL 2401, 2402 & 2420 or 2421. If completed at other colleges or universities, must be transferred to San Antonio College and posted to the student’s academic record by the Office of Admissions & Records.
- High school diploma and college transcripts
- Degree requirements GPA
- Successful completion of other degree requirements (ENGL 1301, PHIL 2306, PSYC 2301, PSYC 2314) is also considered an advantage for nursing program admission.
- Past work experience- Points awarded for Health Care Field Roles. Points scored with Documentation of 2080 Work Hours within last 5 years.
- Applicants to the Career Mobility Track(LVN to RN, Military to RN)will need to provide evidence of current Texas Vocational Nurse licensure or certification of medical military specialties. Military mobility applicants must provide a DD 214 form, a Joint Service transcript and performance reports indicating completion of programs for Army Combat Medics, Navy Corpsmen, or Air Force Medics within the last ten (10) years. In addition, official documents which validate clinical experiences in military medical-technical roles advantage the applicant for consideration.
San Antonio College- Alamo Colleges District
Address: 1819 N Main Ave, San Antonio, TX 78212
Submit your review