- The Ida Moffett School of Nursing at SU, they have been preparing those called to the profession for over 90 years, giving graduates the knowledge, critical thinking and also practice skills they need to care for patients in numerous clinical settings efficiently.
- On the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN), the graduates continually achieve pass rates above the state and also national averages. Employment rates of the graduates go over the average, and a lot of the graduates have chosen to pursue advanced degrees upon completion of the training program.
- The traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) option is built for entering first-year students or transfer pupils without a previous bachelor’s degree.
About the school
- Samford University (SU) is a non-public, coeducational, Christian university situated in Homewood, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham, USA. In the year 1841, the school was established as Howard College.
- Samford University is the 87th most ancient school of higher learning in the USA. Samford University is Alabama’s top-ranked private institution. The university enrolls 5,471 pupils from 47 states and also 29 nations.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $21,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Traditional 4-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing Application Deadline:
Freshmen: May 1
Transfers: June 1
Prospective students must first apply to Samford University. Upon submission of your Samford application, you will receive a link to the School of Nursing application. Please submit your nursing application and any related materials as soon as possible.
Admission Criteria for Traditional B.S.N.
To be considered for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) program, you should meet the following criteria:
- Admission to Samford University. Apply now.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale which includes:
- Four units of English
- Two units of math
- Two units of lab science with a grade of C (2.00) or better
- Minimum composite ACT score of 21 or a minimum composite SAT score of 1000; scores may be no more than five years old
Transfer applicants (24 or more credits):
- Admission to Samford University Apply now.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum science GPA of 2.3 on a 4.0 scale in all required college courses (anatomy, physiology, microbiology, chemistry) or to be considered for conditional admission, a student must have a 2.3 in two of the four required courses. Additionally, a 2.3 or higher must be maintained to progress into nursing courses.
- All science courses must have been completed within the last five years.
- *In order to receive credit for Samford’s Biol 217 Human Anatomy-Allied Health Sci and Biol 218 Human Physiology-Allied Health Sci, Anatomy and Physiology I, and Anatomy Physiology II courses have to be completed. At present, no online labs will be accepted for required science courses. If you have taken courses for which Samford has no equivalent course defined, you may submit a catalog description or syllabus to [email protected] for an UNOFFICIAL review for possible substitution or course equivalency for the general education courses required in the School of Nursing. Typically courses with a NURS prefix do not transfer. Please allow 5-7 business days for a response to your request. The catalog description or course syllabus must include the name of the university, credits for the course under unofficial evaluation. Official evaluations occur when students are admitted to Samford University.
Address: 800 Lakeshore Dr, Birmingham, AL 35229
Submit your review
Leave a Reply