- The pre-licensure path is created for high school graduates. Majors are required to maintain a GPA of 2.7 for progression and also graduation in the training program. Students must achieve at least grade of C or Pass in the required courses of anatomy and chemistry, microbiology, psychology, physiology, sociology and also statistics as well as the nursing courses themselves.
- For high school graduates, the training program is built to be completed in 4-years. The curriculum includes Core Curriculum requirements, prerequisites and also major courses. First-year candidates seeking to major in nursing may be admitted into the training program if they fulfill the entrance criteria of the University and the Division of Nursing.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate training program at Salve Regina. Since its creation, the training program has maintained full authorization from the Rhode Island Board of Nurse Registration and Nursing Education.
About the school
- Salve Regina University is a coeducational, Catholic institution established by the Sisters of Mercy, situated in the city of Newport, Rhode Island, USA. Approved by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, the school enrolls over 2,700 undergraduate and also graduate students from across the U.S. and also globally. The institution was established in the year 1934.
- Salve Regina’s 80-acre campus, encircling Newport Cliff Walk, is set on seven contiguous Gilded Age estates with 21 buildings of historical In 2002, Salve Regina became the very first New England school to receive a Getty Grant Training program honor to develop a campus heritage preservation plan.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,250
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
In general, a competitive first-year applicant for the nursing program has met the following standards:
- Successful completion of four years of high school science, including biology, chemistry and an upper-level science such as anatomy and physiology, physics, AP biology or AP chemistry
- Strong standardized test scores (SAT or ACT)
- Competitive high school GPA and class rank
- Application submitted by the Early Action (non-binding) deadline of Nov. 1
Address: 100 Ochre Point Ave, Newport, RI 02840, USA
Phone: (401) 847-6650
Submit your review