The associate degree nursing training program in Salish Kootenai College provides the theoretical and also clinical fundamentals for educational and career mobility in nursing. It is a 2-year training program.
The programs prepare graduates to practice in many different rural and Native American health-care functions. The primary competencies incorporate evidence-based practice with acute, health promotion, and chronic care of persons across the lifespan, families, towns, and also populations.
The ASN training program grooms pupils for licensure as a Registered Nurse and for practice in many different rural and Native American health-care settings.
About The School
Salish Kootenai College (SKC) is a Native American tribal institution located in Pablo, Montana, USA which serves the Bitterroot Salish, Kootenai, and also Pend d’Oreilles tribes.
The Salish Kootenai College primary campus is on the Flathead Reservation. There are three satellite sites in Washington in Spokane, Colville, and also Wellpinit. Roughly 1,207 pupils attend Salish Kootenai College. Despite the fact that enrollment is not restricted to Native American pupils, Salish Kootenai College main function is to serve the requirements of native American people. It was founded in the year 1977.
Salish Kootenai College offers 18 Associate degree programs, 14 Bachelor’s degree programs, and 5 certificate programs. Despite the fact that most of the degree programs are career-oriented, pupils can choose to take courses of study in areas such as the liberal arts and also Native American Studies.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,660
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- ENGL 101: English Composition I
- ENGL 202: English Composition II
- PSYC 230: Developmental Psychology
- MATH 100: College Algebra
- BIOS 215: Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOS 216: Anatomy and Physiology I Lab
- BIOS 217: Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOS 218: Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
- Achieve a B or better in MATH 100, BIOS 215, BIOS 216, BIOS 217, and BIOS 218
- Achieve a C or better in PSYC 230, ENGL 101 and ENGL 202
- Math and science courses must be taken within five (5) years of the anticipated program start date
- Prerequisite and general education courses can be repeated only twice to improve a grade.
Salish Kootenai College
Address: 58138 US-93, Pablo, MT 59855
Submit your review