- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a challenging, selective, and also highly respected training program that provides a strong foundation in nursing care in various settings.
- The nursing major builds upon the College’s liberal arts foundation, basic and applied sciences, and also behavioral and social sciences. The training program produces professional nurses who can provide care to persons, families, and also communities, in a broad diversity of environments. Pupils must receive a minimum of a C+ grade (78) in each nursing course and also might not advance to the next semester nursing courses until a grade of C+ (78) is attained.
- Graduates meet the requirements to sit and take the NCLEX-RN examination in the state of their choice after graduation, and also each graduate has a strong foundation for continuing education and also graduate study.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate training program at Saint Joseph’s College. The pre-licensure baccalaureate training program is authorized by the Maine State Board of Nursing.
- The framework of the nursing curriculum is created around understanding how humans, health-illness, nursing, and also environment interconnect as the four major elements of nursing theory. All nursing courses are structured around these concepts along with the assumption that individuals are shaped by interrelated systems – biological, psychological, and also social – and are in continuous interaction with a changing environment.
About the school
- Saint Joseph’s College of Maine is a non-public Catholic liberal arts College in Standish, Maine, USA, that awards Bachelor’s degrees in a traditional on-campus setting, and also bachelor’s and master’s degrees through web-based
- The college’s 430-acre campus in southern Maine is situated on the shore of Sebago Lake, just 18 Mls (29 km) from Portland, Maine’s metropolis. The school is the only Catholic college in Maine.
- The Sisters of Mercy founded Saint Joseph’s in the year 1912 as an institution for women. The school, run by a lay and religious Board of Trustees, was located on the convent grounds in nearby Portland until in the year 1956 when it moved to its lakeside location in Standish.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $21,151
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Fill out the Common App or use the SJC App.
- Send your official high school transcript and first quarter grades, as well as any college credit course transcripts to our Admissions Office:
Saint Joseph’s College
278 Whites Bridge Road
Standish, ME 04084
- Nursing application deadline is January 15. Students applying for the Nursing program will be notified of their admission status by mid-February. Applicants are encouraged to take four years of science and math courses. A college preparatory laboratory biology and chemistry are required with a grade of “B” or higher; honors and AP courses with a “C” or higher. Competitive SAT or ACT scores are also required. The Nursing Program is highly selective with competitive and limited enrollment.
Address: 278 Whites Bridge Rd, Standish, ME 04084
Phone: (800) 338-7057 or (207) 893-7746
Submit your review