- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program at SVSU admits around 192 students yearly, and also students can expect to complete the degree in 4 to 4 1/2 years because each pupil accepted to the training program completes the nursing courses in a “cohort” group. Usually, students take 1 1/2 to two years to complete general education and also pre-nursing classes and then 2 1/2 years of nursing courses.
- Along with the requirements of Saginaw Valley State University, pupils must complete any new criteria established by the Michigan Board of Nursing.
- Upon successful completion of the BSN training program, graduates meet the requirements to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) which is a requirement for a license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse.
About the school
- Saginaw Valley State University ( typically known as SVSU, SV, or perhaps Saginaw Valley) is a public institution situated in University Center, Michigan, United States.
- It was established in 1963 as Saginaw Valley College.
- It is situated on 748 acres approximately six miles from downtown Saginaw in Kochville Township, Saginaw Region. It is also just 8.5 miles from Bay City and also 20 miles from Midland.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $18,120
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- MATH 132 A or B, PSYC 299, or PS 225 CI (one of these)
- BIOL 111A Principles of Biology, and CHEM 111 General Chemistry/ CHEM 111L Chemistry Lab
- PSYC 100 General Psychology
- SOC 111 Introduction to Sociology
- Any course approved for the Oral Communication category
- Any course from approved for the Written Communication category
- Physiology and Anatomy I
- Physiology and Anatomy II
- Human Nutrition
- Introduction to Microbiology
The Nursing Program in the College of Health and Human Services at Saginaw Valley State University is competitive and we do NOT have a wait list. An applicant must have a minimum GPA in the science/ math nursing prerequisite courses of 2.8 and an overall GPA of 2.8 to apply. As stated in the SVSU catalog, the other factors in determining admission are the communication scores (written and oral- writing sample for students who do not have SVSU scores for written communication) and number of credits completed at SVSU.
Students will be notified via their SVSU email accounts of application decisions. Notification will occur 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
- A $30.00 non-refundable application fee
- A copy of your SVSU degree audit.
- Transcript(s) (an unofficial copy is acceptable) from all colleges and/or universities ever attended, including a SVSU transcript. If you are a transfer student or have taken classes at another university, the SVSU Registrar must have an official transcript on file.
Address: 48710, 7400 Bay Rd, Saginaw, MI 48604
Phone: (989) 964-4000
Submit your review