- Succeeding in the challenging and also rewarding field of Nursing requires an excellent As an institution devoted to undergraduate education, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, provides a Baccalaureate training program of good academic quality for those entering the profession of nursing. The College of Nursing offers an extensive 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in nursing for individuals pursuing a career in the profession of nursing.
- The Generic Baccalaureate training program offered in Newark, New Brunswick, as well as the Blackwood campus of Camden Community College, is a regular, 4-year training program.
- New Brunswick pupils enter as freshmen or perhaps transfer into the nursing training program in the summer before the beginning of their sophomore year.
- Blackwood pupils are accepted as transfers in the summer before the start of their junior year. Transfer students complete all of the same liberal arts and also nursing criteria included in the Generic curriculum. Generic Baccalaureate graduates must complete a complete of 126 credits to obtain the BS degree.
About the school
- Rutgers University–Camden is among the three regional campuses of Rutgers University, New Jersey’s public research university, United States. It is situated in Camden, New Jersey, United States Of America.
- Established in the 1920s, Rutgers–Camden started as an amalgam of the South Jersey Law School as well as the College of South Jersey.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $20,100
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Criteria for Admission:
Admission to the School of Nursing is open for the fall semester of each year for high school students enrolling in the Generic Baccalaureate Nursing Program. The Baccalaureate Nursing Program is a four-year academic program leading to a Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing degree for students applying directly from high school.
In general, the School of Nursing will expect a student who is applying directly from high school to have completed the following courses:
- English: 4 years
- Foreign Language: None required
- Mathematics: 3 years, including algebra I, geometry, algebra II
- Science: 1 year each of biology and chemistry
- Other Courses: 7 other academic courses
- Total: 16 academic courses
The average SAT score for admission consideration depends on competitiveness of the applicant pool. There is no singular score that is recognized as a median. However, as with anything else in applying to college, the higher the SAT scores, the better your chances. The University will accept a combination of the highest score you received
These elements of the entire admissions application, from transcript to SAT scores to extra-curricular activities, to personal statements, are taken into consideration to determine admission into the program.
Criteria for Admission: Blackwood
Students applying to the program must have either associates of science degree or sixty (60) undergraduate pre-requisite credits required for the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing – All applicants must be affiliated with Camden County College.
Applicants with a preferred GPA of at least 3.3 out of 4.0 will be given full consideration during the application process. Individuals that are interested in the program but do not meet the preferred GPA are still encouraged to apply, but these applicants should keep in mind the increased importance of their supplementary application materials.
Address: 303 Cooper St, Camden, NJ 08102
Submit your review