The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Rowan–Cabarrus Community College provides knowledge, competencies, and also techniques to incorporate safety and also good quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving environment, and to fulfill personal needs which impact health, high quality of life, and also achievement of potential. Course work includes and also builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, along with the holistic individual. Content highlights the nurse as an associate of the interdisciplinary team providing safe, personalized care while implementing evidence-based practice, high-quality improvement, and also informatics.
Graduates of this training program are qualified to apply to sit and take the National Council Licensure Examination for registered nurse (NCLEX-RN). The associate degree nursing training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) and endorsed by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
About The School
Rowan–Cabarrus Community College is a large community college in Rowan District and Cabarrus district, North Carolina, United States. It is among the 58 colleges in the state-supported North Carolina Community College System, United States.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,135
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete college admission process: Submit an application; submit official high school transcript (with graduation date) or GED and college transcripts (if applicable).
- Meet minimum placement test scores or developmental coursework in English andReading (DRE Composite of 151+ or DRE 098), Math (modules 1-3), Algebra (modules 4-5), and computer (CSP score of 60%+ or CIS 110). Test scores must be completed within previous 5 years. or College level English, math and computer coursework.
- Attend a required Nursing Admission Advising Session as soon as possible. You cannot proceed in the nursing admissions process until you have attended a session. Please do not delay in scheduling a session. You may attend this session without completing placement testing. Enter “health program information session” in the RCCC website search box to schedule.
- Meet biology and chemistry competency:
- Completion of a high school or college biology course with a grade of “C” or
- Completion of a high school or college chemistry course with a grade of “C” or higher
- Meet the Nurse Aide I requirements:
- Completion and documentation of a NC state approved CNA 1 course or its equivalent
- Current listing on the NC Nurse Aide 1 Registry with no substantiated finding of resident abuse, resident neglect or misappropriation of resident property in a nursing facility. Admissions Office will verify.
- Complete and submit a Spring/fall Admission Eligibility Form
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
Address: 1333 Jake Alexander Blvd S, Salisbury, NC 28146
Submit your review