The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Rockingham Community College provides knowledge, competencies, and also techniques to incorporate safety and also good quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving environment, and to fulfill personal needs which impact health, high quality of life, and also achievement of potential. Course work includes and also builds upon the domains of health-care, nursing practice, along with the holistic individual.
Content highlights the nurse as an associate of the interdisciplinary team providing safe, personalized care while implementing evidence-based practice, high-quality improvement, and also informatics. Courses must be finished in sequences as laid out in the curriculum.
Graduates of this training program meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). Employment possibilities are huge within the global health-care system and may include roles within acute, chronic, extended, industrial, and also community health-care amenities.
About The School
Rockingham Community College is a public community college situated in Wentworth, North Carolina, United States. It is a part of the North Carolina Community College System, USA.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,035
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the RCC Admissions Process. See steps 1-4 on the: Admissions RCC web page.
- Complete the specific Associate Degree Nursing admissions requirements:
- Complete or place out of all necessary developmental-level courses in mathematics (DMA 010, 020, 030, 040, 050), English (DRE 096, 097, 098), and computers (CIS 070).
- Have taken Biology 168 and 169 with a grade of “C” or higher at the same institution. (Applicants may be enrolled in BIO 169 in the Spring 2017 semester.)
- Have taken CHM 130 (with lab) or higher with a grade of “C” or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in CHM 130 or higher in the Spring 2017 semester.)
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) from all colleges attended in the past 7 years of 2.5 or better. In addition, if you have attended RCC, your RCC cumulative GPA must also be 2.5 or better. GPA will not be “rounded up” to meet Admissions Standards.
- Attend a mandatory Nursing Information Session in the 2016/2017 academic year.
- Hold current certification in Adult and Child CPR issued by the American Heart Association.
- Must hold a current certification as a North Carolina Nurse Aide I or II with no substantiated findings. (Applicants may be enrolled in a CNA course at the time of application.)
- Overall TEAS score (in the last 24 months) of 63 (Students who have taken the test between February 28, 2015 and August 30, 2016 may submit TEAS V scores. All students taking the TEAS test between August 31, 2016 and February 28, 2017 must submit ATI TEAS (new test) scores).
- Essay: One page, double spaced, TYPED. Prompt: Why do you want to be a Nurse and how do you hope to better the world?
- Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office. Bring a copy of the Associate Degree Nursing Candidate Review Form with you (appointment required).
Rockingham Community College
Address: 215 Wrenn Memorial Rd, Wentworth, NC 27375
Submit your review
Leave a Reply