- The Rochester College School of Nursing will develop you for a rewarding and also challenging nursing career. The training program offers challenging academics within a Christian community to develop socially conscious nurses who will contribute their leadership and also clinical skills in various settings. Pupils advance their knowledge of the nursing profession and also expand their leadership potential in the areas of management and also health education within the community.
- First-time students can start traditional nursing studies after they complete their pre-nursing criteria and are accepted into the School of Nursing. The nursing training program will require 3-years to complete at least 123 credit hours. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) certifies the Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
About the school
- Rochester College is a 4-year, liberal arts college situated in Rochester Hills, Michigan; a northern suburb of Detroit, United States. The school was established by members of Churches of Christ in the year 1959.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $18,940
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application deadline for Fall entry into Rochester College School of Nursing is the last Friday in May. Complete application includes full acceptance to Rochester College and receipt of all transcripts by the application deadline.
- Rochester College School of Nursing applicants are evaluated on their potential for academic success and their ability to contribute to an enriching educational environment while in school. Grade point average (cumulative and prerequisite) is an important factor in evaluating that potential. To be eligible to apply applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in prerequisite coursework and a minimum GPA of 3.2 in cumulative coursework. GPA is considered along with all other factors in deciding which students, from a very talented and qualified pool, will be admitted to the School of Nursing.
- Along with GPA, Rochester College School of Nursing applicants will also take the Kaplan Pre-Admission Test. The Pre-Admission Test is a three-hour, online, multiple choice exam, which evaluates critical thinking, reading, math, writing, and science skills of students seeking entry into the nursing program. This exam will be proctored in the Rochester College computer lab.
- In order to know the applicants better, potential Rochester College School of Nursing candidates will be invited to a group interview as part of the application review process. Qualifying applicants will be notified individually of their interview time and date.
- Important documents in this evaluation also include the academic transcript and the personal information provided on the Rochester College application form.
- Decisions regarding acceptance to Rochester College School of Nursing are made by the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee utilizes collective judgment, which provides for fair and balanced decisions concerning the selection of candidates. The Admissions Committee reviews all applications that meet minimum requirements.
Address: 800 W Avon Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Phone: (800) 521-6010 or (248) 218-2000
Submit your review