The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Robeson Community College provides knowledge, competencies, and also strategies to incorporate safety and also good quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving environment, and to fulfill personal needs which impact health, high quality of life, and also achievement of potential.
Course work includes and also builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, along with the holistic individual. Content highlights the nurse as an associate of the interdisciplinary team providing safe, personalized care while implementing evidence-based practice, high-quality improvement, and also informatics
About The School
Robeson Community College is a community college situated in Lumberton, North Carolina, USA. The institution is also referred to as RCC and was founded 1965.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,235
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to all RCC Health Science programs is a competitive process. Applicants are evaluated based upon the following factors: academic performance, references and academic degrees.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.8 or greater in the Associate Degree Nursing general education courses by the published deadline date for submitting complete program checklists to the Admissions Office. Applicants not meeting the cumulative GPA requirements will not be reviewed by the program area for admission. For the Associate Degree Nursing Program, the GPA calculation will be based upon grades earned in the following courses: BIO 168, BIO 169, CHM 151, ENG 111, ENG 112, PSY 150, PSY 241, Humanities/Fine Arts Elective (ART 111, MUS 110 or MUS 112, ENG 231, PHI 215, or PHI 240 (PHI 240- Introduction to Ethics preferred).
- A point system is followed to evaluate health science program applications. Applicants earn points based upon academic performance, references and academic degrees. Point distribution is outlined on the program checklist.
- Complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). Points will be distributed as outlined in the TEAS Point Sheet. Additional study materials and practice tests can be accessed at http://www.mometrix.com/academy/teas-test/ .
- Complete the Health Science Admission Checklist packet by the specific deadline. Official Associate Degree Nursing Admission Checklists may be obtained in Admissions.
- Students must be able to fulfill all essential functions as outlined in the health sciences admission policy.
- Provisionally accepted students must submit a criminal background check, drug screening and medical review/screen to include physical examination and immunizations. All fees associated with the criminal background check, drug screen and medical review will be the responsibility of the student.
- Provisionally accepted students previously enrolled in any other Nursing programs must submit a letter from the program director.
- It is the student’s responsibility to review all program materials and to stay current with the program requirements, policies and procedures.
Robeson Community College
Address: 5160 Fayetteville Rd, Lumberton, NC 28360
Submit your review