This curriculum grooms people with the skills and also knowledge important to provide nursing care to customers and also groups of customers all through the life duration in many different settings. Courses include content linked with the nurse’s position as provider of nursing care, as manager of care, as an associate of the field of nursing, and as an associate of the interdisciplinary team.
Graduates of this training program meet the criteria to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) which is necessary for practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). Job possibilities include hospitals, long-term care facilities, clinics, physician’s offices, industry, and community organizations.
About The School
In the year 1967, a deserted prison compound situated close to the Village of Union in Hertford County was bought. Under the authority of the State Rep. Roberts H. Jernigan, Jr., and with the assistance of Sen. J.J. “Monk” Harrington and also Rep. Emmett Burden, a finance to build a two (2) year, vocational and also technical training institution was provided by the North Carolina General Assembly.
Initially referred to as Roanoke-Chowan Technical Institute, the institution’s name modified to Roanoke-Chowan Technical College in 1981 and to Roanoke-Chowan Community College (R-CCC) in year the 1987.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,035
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply to Roanoke-Chowan Community College.
- Students must complete DRE and DMA courses with a grade of a “P”.
- Proficiency in math as evidenced by completion of DMA 50 with a grade of P, or by placement test exemption
- Possess a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or better on all prior course work, excluding developmental courses ACA courses, and PE courses over the past 3 semesters.
- Request and submit official transcripts from high school or Adult High School Diploma/GED certificate and all colleges/universities attended to Student Development Services, Roanoke-Chowan Community College,109 Community College Road, Ahoskie, NC 27910.
- Applicant must complete the Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program Application and submit a copy by postal mail postmarked on or before February 1, no exceptions granted. Mail to ATTN: Admissions, Roanoke-Chowan Community College, 109 Community College Road, Ahoskie, NC 27910. Must include e, f, and g in your application packet.
- Applicant must be listed as a Certified Nurse Aid with the NC Division of Health Service Regulation Registry at time of application.
- Applicant must submit evidence of cardiopulmonary certification (CPR) at the Health Care Provider Level (American Heart Association) at time of application.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College
Address: 109 Community College Rd, Ahoskie, NC 27910
Submit your review