Riverside City College (RCC) is a community college in Riverside, California, United States Of America. The college is a member of the Riverside Community College District, as well as the bigger California Community Colleges System.
Riverside City College initially started in 1916 at the same site as the Riverside Polytechnic High School. Formerly known as Riverside City College or as Riverside Junior College, the institution modified its name to Riverside Community College in the 1960s. In 2008, the Board of Trustees renamed the school back to Riverside City College (RCC).
The Associate in Science Degree in Nursing (ADN) in Riverside City College requires four semesters and an intersession, excluding completion of prerequisite courses. Upon successful completion of the 74 unit program, the graduate earns an Associate in Science Degree in Nursing (AS) and is qualified to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) for licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of California, USA.
The Associate Degree Nursing Program ( ADN ) is endorsed by the California Board of Registered Nursing ( BRN ) and is authorized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
Total program cost is USD $8,250
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students applying to the School of Nursing must have all eligibility and prerequisite requirements completed or in progress at the time of application. General education courses are encouraged to be completed prior to program entrance. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that ALL official up-to-date transcripts and other necessary documentation have been received by Riverside City College at the time of application.
- RCC application on file and eligibility to attend RCC.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 in all work attempted at RCC and a cumulative GPA of not less than 2.0, which includes all accredited college units attempted.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.5 in all general education courses required for completion of an Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Chemistry: Verification of one year of high school chemistry with a lab, AND satisfactory score on RCC Chemistry Diagnostic Exam OR score of 3, 4 or 5 on AP Chemistry Exam OR one semester of college chemistry with a grade of “C” or better. (RCC’s Chemistry 1A or 2A fulfills this requirement.) Students who have already completed Microbiology prior to fall 2005 may waive the RCC Chemistry Diagnostic Exam requirement ONLY. ADN (RN) and Advanced Placement applicants must submit official up-to-date high school transcripts by the application deadline to verify completion of Chemistry. High School transcripts are not required if Chemistry has been completed at college level. However, proof of high school graduation or equivalent (G.E.D. High School Proficiency Examination, Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree) is required of all applicants to the VN and 30-Unit Option program. Diplomas not accepted.
- Prerequisite Courses (15 units):
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in the following science prerequisite courses:
*Anatomy & Physiology 2A (4 units)
*Anatomy & Physiology 2B (4 units) *Microbiology 1 (4 units)
- Completion of Psychology 9 (3 units, Birth to Death) with a grade of “C” or better. Advanced Placement students must complete Psychology 9 prior to entrance into the program.
- The Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS Version 5) is required for all applicants prior to enrollment in the nursing program. Students who fail to achieve a passing score will be required to complete additional pre- nursing course work.
Riverside City College
Address: 4800 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92506
Submit your review