- As the human population ages as well as the demand for more and better health care increases, the position of nurses will continually Regis College offers programs for individuals wishing to start a career in nursing as well as present nurses wanting to advance their careers. All nursing programs in the School provide cutting edge education and also strive to satisfy the needs of and ever-changing field. The School of Nursing at Regis offers courses off-site at Boston area hospitals including Brigham and Women’s Faulkner, Norwood Hospital, and Boston Medical Center.
- Additionally, If you are looking to become a nurse and also already hold a Bachelor’s degree in a non-nurse field, the accelerated nursing degree training program will allow you to earn your BS in Nursing as well as become a Registered Nurse in just 16-month. The Accelerated BS in Nursing at Regis College readies you to sit and take the NCLEX examination and also work as a Registered Nurse.
About the school
- Regis College is a non-public Roman Catholic university situated on a 132 acres former estate in the suburb of Weston, Massachusetts, United States. The college is roughly 12 miles from downtown Boston. Regis was established as a women’s college in the year 1927.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $22,105
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission by Direct Acceptance as Freshmen
Direct Acceptance candidates are those freshman applicants who, based upon high school GPA and SAT scores, are accepted directly into the Nursing major as freshmen. These students must earn the following in order to maintain their Direct Acceptance status:
- A 2.7 GPA or higher in science courses (namely, Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Pathophysiology),
- An overall 3.0 GPA with no grade below 2.0 in non-nursing prerequisite courses, and
- A 2.7 grade or higher in each NU prerequisite course.
Applicants to the Nursing program must complete the following science (non-Nursing) prerequisites with the minimum grades noted above: BI 105 & 106, Anatomy & Physiology I and II; BI 108, Microbiology; BI 212, Pathophysiology; CH 105, Chemistry for Nursing; ID 304, Exploring Ethics; SO 201, Introduction to Sociology; PS233, Introduction to Human Development; MA 210, and
26 Statistics. Applicants to the Nursing program must complete the following Nursing prerequisites with the minimum grades noted above: ID 230 The Interdependence of Healthcare Professions in the U.S. and NU 205 Essentials of Nutrition Along the Health Continuum.
Accelerated 16 month B.S. in Nursing for Non-Nurse College Graduates
- Completed application form; transcripts from undergraduate degree and all prerequisites courses
- Undergraduate and prerequisites GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Resume; Statement of Purpose; two letters of recommendation
- Interview with the Program Director may be required
Address: 235 Wellesley St, Weston, MA 02493, USA
Submit your review